• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dynasty Warriors: Origins Game Launches on January 17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Welcome back Dynasty Warriors!
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:15 am Reply with quote
I'm making it a point to tell anyone that enjoyed the TV series Shogun to give this a look too - this isn't Japanese history-ish but Chinese history-ish and if they do this right I'm very hopeful that it will be a fun and exciting way to experience the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story.

I'm legitimately more excited for this trailer than I am the new Monster Hunter (which looks too grimdark for me). Dynasty Warriors 9 was one of the biggest "almosts" that I've probably seen from the series - massive map, sprawling timeline, impressive army sizes.... It was half-baked to hell and it needed another 2 years in the oven. Origins is what we're finally getting that lives up to such grand scope, I just hope it's executed well.

Go give the movie Red Cliff a look on YouTube, it's an awesome movie and is the slam-dunk action/storytelling combo that DW Origins needs to be for this series to make a comeback.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1