• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dynasty Warriors: Origins Game Launches on January 17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Welcome back Dynasty Warriors!
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:15 am Reply with quote
I'm making it a point to tell anyone that enjoyed the TV series Shogun to give this a look too - this isn't Japanese history-ish but Chinese history-ish and if they do this right I'm very hopeful that it will be a fun and exciting way to experience the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story.

I'm legitimately more excited for this trailer than I am the new Monster Hunter (which looks too grimdark for me). Dynasty Warriors 9 was one of the biggest "almosts" that I've probably seen from the series - massive map, sprawling timeline, impressive army sizes.... It was half-baked to hell and it needed another 2 years in the oven. Origins is what we're finally getting that lives up to such grand scope, I just hope it's executed well.

Go give the movie Red Cliff a look on YouTube, it's an awesome movie and is the slam-dunk action/storytelling combo that DW Origins needs to be for this series to make a comeback.
gloworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:53 am Reply with quote
Hoping this is a return to form after all the issues with the last one.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:37 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

Go give the movie Red Cliff a look on YouTube, it's an awesome movie and is the slam-dunk action/storytelling combo that DW Origins needs to be for this series to make a comeback.

If it doesn’t include the what if scenarios as DLC instead of that being saved for the eventual expanded rerelease that’ll take the some points off this.

Also if they don’t make sure the game doesn’t get choppy during a triggered effect like Fire Attacks from 7.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:17 am Reply with quote
This morning's Tokyo Game Show presentation was great - they're emphasising a return to DW4 & 5-style grand strategy maps, and all of the in-battle tactics that DW9 was missing that made the game feel incredibly bare-bones seems to have been addressed. The story is literally running up to the Red Cliff film as well so it's gonna be a blast to be able to play Origins and then go enjoy the movie once again. Absolutely perfect for anyone that is new to make this their first Dynasty Warriors game~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1