• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Astro Note Anime Series Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redvelvetdoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:26 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen this anime but i HAVE listened to the OP a million times bc Ai Furihata is my oshi. Her entire discography is 80s citypop inspired music and I adore it. And the music video for Hohoemi no Oto is literally just a recreation of an 80s era daytime cooking show where they make curry for some reason? She's all about vibes, love it
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:49 am Reply with quote
This is a series I was really excited for and then never ended up finishing, and the way that it can't be talked about without comparing it to older series I haven't seen doesn't really bode well for me ever going back to it.
YackDe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed the show well enough until the last two episodes, where it really felt like they crashed up against a wall and realized they had no time left to resolve any of the lingering plot threads. At least Aoi came out relatively unscathed and her friendship with the not-dog was cute.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was a really cute and fun show. Very retro but with great production values. What If Maison Ikkoku combined with Urusei Yatsura for a modern sci-fi romance with an all-star cast? And I think they utterly nailed it with a likeable cast, great character designs, and a solid story.
YackDe wrote:
Enjoyed the show well enough until the last two episodes, where it really felt like they crashed up against a wall and realized they had no time left to resolve any of the lingering plot threads. At least Aoi came out relatively unscathed and her friendship with the not-dog was cute.

I think the plot definitely escalated quickly in the last two episodes though I don't think there was anything that wasn't at least somewhat set up in an earlier episode.

Though you did kind of feel it when Mira confesses to and kisses Miyasaka in a matter of seconds and they go on to fend off an alien invasion in a giant Mecha. But sometimes anime just rolls like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1