• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Screen Bocchi the Rock! Compilation Films as Single Theatrical Release in Octob

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Nice that CR is going to run it for more than one day this time. I know people had issues with the one day only screenings for The Concierge last week and Trapezium this week. Thankfully my boss is flexible and I was able to get out of work in time. We’ll see if my local Cinemark theaters pick this up.

Interesting to compare Cinemark lists the length at 140 minutes, while CR says it’s 165.

EDIT: I can’t read time correctly the total screen time matches at 165 minutes.

Last edited by rookie_one on Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:16 pm Reply with quote
This seems like it would be an opportunity to test the waters for a dub.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
This seems like it would be an opportunity to test the waters for a dub.

Well, theres no mention anything about dub. Kinda disappointing and CR missed opportunity to dub an anime that was popular.
milkyy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:23 am Reply with quote
Respectfully, and speaking as a dub enjoyer, Bocchi genuinely doesn't need one. The seiyuus performances are legendary- and tied to their voices are the songs, which would need a total rewrite unless they sing in Japanese with subs anyway. Idk maybe they'll see how this screening does (I think da da dan brought in US$1 mil?) and that will be the test to see if a dub would be warranted down the line. And as much as I would think it's cool that every show ever gets a dub, at the same time, Bocchi is still golden without one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1