• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'May I Ask for One Final Thing?' Manga Gets TV Anime in 2025

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:09 am Reply with quote
Oh Heck yeah
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Asami Seto as an accused Villainess who solves her problems with her fists? Sign me up!

Will there be any actual romance though?
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:39 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Asami Seto as an accused Villainess who solves her problems with her fists? Sign me up!

i have only read the first 2 volumes, a little bit but it is not the focus
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:45 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Ironically, Scarlet can be only called "accused villainess" for like half of the first episode at most before the allegations will be quickly beaten out (pun intended), she's more of the combo of shounen MC with noble oujo-sama personality. And yeah, Asami Seto voice with her recent archetype picks of "ice-cold" battle ladies like TEiS Alpha, Mina from Kaiju N8 or Setsuna from SLF fits her like the glove (another pun intended), so that was really good pick.
Quote:
Barely any - most what you get is a lot of hot guys surrounding Scarlet with very small advancements or romantic tension, or going pretty bashfully at her and get equally ass-kicked for that just for comedy - though she's not dense to romance type.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:39 pm Reply with quote
yesssss
This series is so fun. I hope they do the fight senes justice and don't just do power point frame pics for it...
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:58 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
yesssss
This series is so fun. I hope they do the fight senes justice and don't just do power point frame pics for it...
Considering it's Liden Films Kyoto, which never done any full-featured TV series outside of shorts, and with barely impressive staff (Sakamoto is former KyoAni employee, but that's about it) - better to tone down the expectations a lot to not be dissappointed.

Story, characters and comedy aspect can carry it though, if the animation will not be pure abysmal.
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:35 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Considering it's Liden Films Kyoto, which never done any full-featured TV series outside of shorts, and with barely impressive staff (Sakamoto is former KyoAni employee, but that's about it) - better to tone down the expectations a lot to not be dissappointed.

Story, characters and comedy aspect can carry it though, if the animation will not be pure abysmal.

Being a fan of villainess LN series, my expectations for an even somewhat competent looking adaptation are unfortunately severely low... Anime smile + sweatdrop But the trailer didn't look as awful and static as some of the past villainess shows have so I have a tiny bit of hope...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1