• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:42 am Reply with quote
Absolute cinema!
Hopefully, they take a bit more time with this one so the quality is close S1’s standard.
Telu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, hopefully they take at least 2 years minimum for the next 12 episodes batch (cour).
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Not a surprise as they already went on record this whole series will be fully adapted.

If they do the same pace, than it should be entirely adapted with another 2 seasons and it will be done.

Once it has been fully adapted or close to it. The Writer can begin the new story set in the same story involving the events after the first series.

We pretty much got security for more MT content at least for the next couple of decades so plenty of stuff for us fans to enjoy Smile

2026 is the earliest release window we will probably have. No rush as long as the quality remains good.
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:56 pm Reply with quote
No surprise at all. There are some big swerves coming in the next season.

One thought that did occur to me (spoiler tags for LN stuff, but very minor) - spoiler[they've not adapted some of the cut-away chapters with Eris from the LNs. They're going to need to cover them at some point. I wonder if we'll get another Eris-perspective OVA?]
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I am glad. I love the books and the anime.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Not too surprising (the studio literally exists to adapt Mushoku Tensei) but happy to have it confirmed nevertheless!
Rogueywon wrote:
No surprise at all. There are some big swerves coming in the next season.

One thought that did occur to me (spoiler tags for LN stuff, but very minor) - spoiler[they've not adapted some of the cut-away chapters with Eris from the LNs. They're going to need to cover them at some point. I wonder if we'll get another Eris-perspective OVA?]

spoiler[I've seen a lot of rumors about them announcing a new Eris OVA. Having shown her at the end of this season, it would make sense.]
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it’s better than the second season. At times it’s felt more like a slice of life and the overall story was rather bland compared to season one.

Shocked Eris was not a part of season two since she was a huge influence on the ending of season one. As others have mentioned, she’ll be an ova or an episode 0 for season three. spoiler[ I’m going to assume at this point that she will be Rudeus’s third wife before long. I wonder how many girls he ends up marrying. Slyphiette is a better person than me.]

I also hope season three won’t be split up into two different anime seasons again because that makes it really difficult to keep track of the storyline.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The animation in the announcement shows wisps of color corresponding to the hair color of various characters (green/blue/gold/white) and a prominent red one is seen, thus I believe it safe to say Eris will be involved somehow...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:21 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
Hopefully it’s better than the second season. At times it’s felt more like a slice of life and the overall story was rather bland compared to season one.

Shocked Eris was not a part of season two since she was a huge influence on the ending of season one. As others have mentioned, she’ll be an ova or an episode 0 for season three. spoiler[ I’m going to assume at this point that she will be Rudeus’s third wife before long. I wonder how many girls he ends up marrying. Slyphiette is a better person than me.]

I also hope season three won’t be split up into two different anime seasons again because that makes it really difficult to keep track of the storyline.

Without spoiling anything, the school arc was mostly wr up for the next arcs, along with whatever season 1 did, the payback started with the norn episode, the rest of tej series will be similar in pacing and plot to the last 6 episodes or so of this season, something like 4 episodes of adventure, 4 of life progress, with some variety thrown here to make them less predictable, covering the plot lines that were previously set up.
DolFun The Dolphin Vtuber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:11 am Reply with quote
I was hoping as much, definitely want to watch more of this series.
Essedess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:57 am Reply with quote
Next season will probbaly have 2-3 episodes of slice-of-life stuff, and then......spoiler[ALL [expletive] HELL BREAKS LOOSE AND WE'RE SWORD ART ONLINE ON STEROIDS!]
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:07 am Reply with quote
Just started finally watching the series today and was instantly hooked. Plowed through 8 episodes in one sitting Laughing
Thundercracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:25 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Sugita is going to voice spoiler[old man Rudeus] in season 3.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:53 am Reply with quote
First, it's great that so many more shows are doing next season announcements at the end of a season rather than leaving fans in limbo for a year, or in some case, forever.

D.E.D.E wrote

Quote:
Hopefully, they take a bit more time with this one so the quality is close S1’s standard.

I read this complaint a lot, so it's obvious many people feel this way. For myself, I felt this season looked as good as the first, or at least that there wasn't a drop-off I noticed. Maybe I don't dwell on the animation as much, being more interested in the writing, but I thought it looked great all the way through. It's certainly still heads and shoulders above most series at any rate. If that animation is 90% of the first season but the writing stays 100%, that's more than enough for me.

Thespacemaster said:

Quote:
If they do the same pace, than it should be entirely adapted with another 2 seasons and it will be done.

Wow, so the light novels really pick up the pace, huh? I mean, is Rudy even out of his teens at this point? Early '20s, at most. And don't the books follow him until old age, or at least late middle age? Surprised we've gone through half the novels then, already. Oh, well, that gives me a shot of living long enough to see it all, at least. Maybe they'll throw a movie in there at some point, too.

SinisterOracle opined:

Quote:
Shocked Eris was not a part of season two since she was a huge influence on the ending of season one.

I mean, Eris was a part of season two, a big part. Her presence (or absence) looms over the first half of the season particularly and drives nearly all of the action. They also spotlight her during the brief shots at the end of the episode. With Rudy now married to (and having a child with) Sylphy as well as Roxie, her reappearance should cause maximum drama next season. Maybe she'll visit the beastman village with Ghislaine and hear about Rudy's marriages there....

Anyway, can't wait.
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:28 am Reply with quote
So if Rudeus was a kid in season 1 and a teen in season 2, he might be an adult in season 3?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2