• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mashle: Magic and Muscles Anime Reveals Full Promo Video, More Cast & Staff, Theme Song A

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Animation discussions have become exhausting among anime fans because take extreme stances - a lot of anime fans will say that anything that doesn't look like JJK or Demon Slayer look "bad", but then there are also fans who don't want to hear any constructive criticism.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
With A-1 Pictures' situation, I'm not holding my breath too much for this series. The trailer already shows it will rely quite heavily on stills and the actual animation shown for the action scenes doesn't look too impressive.

i expected worse since we're talking about A-1 there and shueisha doesn't like to wait but it wasn't that bad at least it's decent enough even if it's not great but anyways you'll make yourself suffer if you expected every anime to be great or having animation all the time especially with the increase of demand on anime i myself try to enjoy instead of complaining and criticizing because it isn't good since in the end it's not like they'll listen to you if you kept criticizing or complaining.

Oh, quit being so dramatic or stuck up your own arse with this "I just try to enjoy" talk, will you? I'm not "making myself suffer" with anything, I'm having realistic expectations and giving off my genuine thoughts based on how chaotic things have been just this year alone. Because God forbid someone expects a manga that's been successfull to receive an actual good adaptation instead of just a pile of mediocricity, right? Let's see a few weeks from now when this series either gets delayed like three times or the production itself melts to the point where off-model characters and jank animation becomes the norm, and we'll see if you'll be thinking the same way.

lol i don't think there'll be many delays like the usual aniplex anime unless the schedule is very bad since it's a shueisha title and they won't want to delay it like what happened with promised neverland's second season which also should have gotten a delay in it's middle at least but i actually won't mind if it got a one so the staff won't rush themselves to death

Still not exactly out of the question for it to happen. While it's become a meme this and last season with Aniplex having the most. A couple of non Aniplex backed ones have delayed too. I also just checked Aniplex is one of the producers behind this so people have every right to be concerned about this going into the memehole too. Ayakashi Triangle is Shueisha and Aniplex backed and look what happened there.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:25 am Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
With A-1 Pictures' situation, I'm not holding my breath too much for this series. The trailer already shows it will rely quite heavily on stills and the actual animation shown for the action scenes doesn't look too impressive.

i expected worse since we're talking about A-1 there and shueisha doesn't like to wait but it wasn't that bad at least it's decent enough even if it's not great but anyways you'll make yourself suffer if you expected every anime to be great or having animation all the time especially with the increase of demand on anime i myself try to enjoy instead of complaining and criticizing because it isn't good since in the end it's not like they'll listen to you if you kept criticizing or complaining.

Oh, quit being so dramatic or stuck up your own arse with this "I just try to enjoy" talk, will you? I'm not "making myself suffer" with anything, I'm having realistic expectations and giving off my genuine thoughts based on how chaotic things have been just this year alone. Because God forbid someone expects a manga that's been successfull to receive an actual good adaptation instead of just a pile of mediocricity, right? Let's see a few weeks from now when this series either gets delayed like three times or the production itself melts to the point where off-model characters and jank animation becomes the norm, and we'll see if you'll be thinking the same way.

lol i don't think there'll be many delays like the usual aniplex anime unless the schedule is very bad since it's a shueisha title and they won't want to delay it like what happened with promised neverland's second season which also should have gotten a delay in it's middle at least but i actually won't mind if it got a one so the staff won't rush themselves to death

Still not exactly out of the question for it to happen. While it's become a meme this and last season with Aniplex having the most. A couple of non Aniplex backed ones have delayed too. I also just checked Aniplex is one of the producers behind this so people have every right to be concerned about this going into the memehole too. Ayakashi Triangle is Shueisha and Aniplex backed and look what happened there.

what happened with Ayakashi Triangle is different because connect/sliver link's staff for it is small so getting delays was a given since episode 2 even had it's animation direction outsourced while with mashle i don't think they have that shortage issue unless something hurdles it more like lack of time which also was an issue that chainsaw man had for its last episodes.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:28 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Animation discussions have become exhausting among anime fans because take extreme stances - a lot of anime fans will say that anything that doesn't look like JJK or Demon Slayer look "bad", but then there are also fans who don't want to hear any constructive criticism.

i don't like it either because it is always those animation fans' lack the way to address it properly which create misunderstandings and it is why it's their fault.
Vizo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious about this series, but I've got to ask.
Is this one of those OPMC anime where the mc essentially steamrolls over any "challenge" that comes their way? I'm really sick of those.
Avec ou Nous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:40 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

As long as it's not CG I'm happy. Even Chainsaw Man's controversal artistic direction didn't stop me from liking the show, even I would prefer it to be closer to the manga. Demon Slayer did probably spoil people. They forget most long running shounen adaptions have normal to dubious animation quality. Any Seven Deadly Sins fans here?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2