• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sunrise Asks Readers to Choose Which of Its Works Most Deserve a Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
since most of their child orented shows was sent to their sister/subsudiary studio BNpictures, Tiger and bunny would probably get a new series. If that's the case, It would be good if they start from scratch and create new MC and characters instead of the original. Dont get me wrong, I love TB to death but they were pretty much fleshed out in term of character development so we need new MC if they decided to offer a new TB.

Its pretty good to see Valvrave and scryed cause those two need more love. Valvrave got its own problem(s) but its still fun. New characters should do it if they make new season. As for scryed, i wont mind if they do more badass projects fo this badass series, I just want an HD Rerelease.

surprise to see phi brain, I actually liked that series, it was so underrated that people dont know it existed.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
Im really looking forward to the Code geass sequel! I wish Sentai would release S3 of Phi-Brain already.....

I would like a sequel to Tiger & Bunny and s-CRY-ed. I loved Kurokami (Black god) but i believe a sequel isnt possible since it coverd the whole manga?
dark13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:16 am Reply with quote
A shit tire list of shows I don't care about ? why I'm I not shocked still waiting for sunrise to bring back the anime that truly should get a sequel.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
I'm a little surprised Phi-Brain ranked so high. But of the titles that made the top 10, I'd like to see more Zegapain and s-CRY-ed, if they could think of a good story to follow up with.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:31 am Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
I too would've loved more Mai-Hime. Heck, there was a few things that could've done. like one person pointed out about the cross over movie. They also could've animated the Drama CD's. there's also the Novel called Mai-Hime Destiny (if I remembered correctly). I would love even more if they did an actual 13/24 episode TV series with Arika's Mother when she was an Otome, instead of just leaving it with the 4 Episode OVA we got. I'm still trying to figure out if the girl L/Reena(?) was protecting was nina's mother when she was young.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remember's Mai-Hime. Dang, that series is 13 years old already. lol.

The fanbase is still around active due to fanfiction and fans getting hyped up for more Mai-related stuff. I'm not gonna lie the list surprised me out of nowhere because Mai-series would get in the list due to ShizNat and very interesting CHILD concepts designs. Now I see the fujoshi might have ruined any chances of the Mai-franchise return because of the T&B controversy/fujoshi fanbases making more material while other shows suffer and die. If I'm one of execs at Sunrise I would give the Mai-franchise same treatment as Code Geass. Mad Twisted Evil
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:42 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
A Sunrise series in need of a sequel, eh?

Methinks Banner of the Stars is in need of more love. Sad

Agreed. This is easily the best thing sunrise ever produced, and a space opera on par LOGH.

I also think it got progressively better through Banner 2, but Banner 3 was only an ova and then nothing. Isn't it based on a completed light novel?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quote
Considering CG is getting a sequel, more T&B would be nice. However, I should check out the dub 1st.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:23 am Reply with quote
While I appreciate my fellow My Him/Otome fans rising from the dead, the fact that there hasn't been a US Blu Ray release for the series (it's been on BD in Japan since 2010) bugs me more than a sequel.

Also, Tiger & Bunny deserves all the love and a shame it never caught on outside Japan.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:33 am Reply with quote
Lol Buddy Complex. What did it win that spot by default? Wink
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
nagpo wrote:
Nadare Xizos wrote:
I would love to see a sequel to "s-CRY-ed." That was one of my favorite shounen series. A bit surprised "Outlaw Star" wasn't on the list, I guess it was more popular in the US than Japan?

I think that's the case as well. Hopefully one day maybe Toonami will fit the bill for that and a new Big O season

I loved Outlaw Star and Big O, but how could they continue the adventures in a sequel when their stories were complete? (Big O ended in a time loop where it reset to the very beginning.)

If anything with Big O, perhaps a Prequel? For a while now I had the idea that if they ever did a Live-Action movie, it would be best doing a Prequel and starting off with Rodger in the Military Police and him eventually stumbling on Big O and becoming The Negotiator.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Mai HiME/Otome and Xenoglossia sequels unfortunately wouldn't happen anyway, since Sunrise's Studio 8 is tied up with Love Live! until the end of time. Razz
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Mai HiME/Otome and Xenoglossia sequels unfortunately wouldn't happen anyway, since Sunrise's Studio 8 is tied up with Love Live! until the end of time. Razz

I think Sunrise will give Studio 8 a break to focus more on Buddy Complex and Mai Hime/Otome or work on new original IP's that have been on hold for a very long time. Especially we need remind Sunrise on the horrible prank trailer they did for the Otome DVD special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tucJGUq9rZk Wink
Suisho Kasumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Holy crap, I didn't think anyone even remembered Dendoh. I did watch the whole thing via an import boxset years ago and enjoyed it. I would love to see it get a sequel, though it would probably involve either the two main boys grown up or brand new pilots.

Eh, there are more Dendoh fans than you'd think...
The funny thing is, Hisayuki (the chara designer) did post a few (unofficial if I understand correctly) concepts for a Dendoh sequel on his site back in 2003, though removed them after a few years. Here's the most complete archived version I managed to find: https://web.archive.org/web/20040210135643fw_/http://www.dendoh.com:80/menu03.html
Said concepts seem to have both older Hokuto & Ginga and a few new pilots (and mechs). If we get an actual Dendoh 2 (I'm counting on it, Sunrise!), I wonder how much it (if at all) will resemble these concepts though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
An anime that is most deserving of a live-action Hollywood movie is T&B. However, get a Japanese or Japanese-American to play Kotetsu.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising that fans voted for CG when it is already getting a sequel and it still ended up at #2. lol T&B being #1 was expected considering past polls. Surprised at Phi-Brain being #3. I know why fans want more Valrave. Wink Nice to see BC make the top 10 and scryed as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3