• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers Garden of Sinners on Standard Blu-ray Disc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgod55
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
It does say it includes:
The box set will include the original seven films in the series, as well as The Garden of Sinners/recalled out summer epilogue film on eight discs with English subtitles.

Is the recalled-out Mirai Fukuin or am I mistaken? I very well could be.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
The article does say recalled out summer, which is Mirai Fukuin, but Aniplex's site listing does NOT say that, it says 7 movies plus "Final Chapter: The Garden of Sinners", which Mirri seems to be saying is something different. I have no idea if that is correct or not though.
Sephr0n

rgod55 wrote:
It does say it includes:
The box set will include the original seven films in the series, as well as The Garden of Sinners/recalled out summer epilogue film on eight discs with English subtitles.

While, yes, "recalled-out-summer" is the other title for Mirai Fukuin, the article is wrong in that set does not contain it.

The set does however contain the epilogue chapter also known as "the Garden of sinners".
DuchessBianca

For the most part I'm not against buying aniplex sets as I have quite a few and for how pricy they are (Wish they were cheap like Funi, Sentai etc..) and I get tons of cheap anime during rightstuf's sales so it averages out but I'll have to pass on this set as someone who doesn't care for subs and prefers dubs I'm only willing to pay Aniplex's prices for dubbed sets.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
For the most part I'm not against buying aniplex sets as I have quite a few and for how pricy they are (Wish they were cheap like Funi, Sentai etc..) and I get tons of cheap anime during rightstuf's sales so it averages out but I'll have to pass on this set as someone who doesn't care for subs and prefers dubs I'm only willing to pay Aniplex's prices for dubbed sets.

The only reason I was willing to pay so much for the import is because KnK is so damn good and I wanted to see that Ufotable animation in blu ray quality.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rgod55
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Sephr0n wrote:
rgod55 wrote:
It does say it includes:

While, yes, "recalled-out-summer" is the other title for Mirai Fukuin, the article is wrong in that set does not contain it.

The set does however contain the epilogue chapter also known as "the Garden of sinners".

Oh, I see. Thank you for the clarification. I see that now! Smile
Mirri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
The article does say recalled out summer, which is Mirai Fukuin, but Aniplex's site listing does NOT say that, it says 7 movies plus "Final Chapter: The Garden of Sinners", which Mirri seems to be saying is something different. I have no idea if that is correct or not though.

Yeah, the article mentions that Aniplex released recalled-out-summer/Mirai Fukuin but is slightly vague in what it means by "All 8 films."

While the 8-count is correct, since there has been a new film produced I just wanted to make sure that nobody got confused by the wording. Fans probably wouldn't, but newcomers interested in seeing what the hype is about might end up upset if they ordered it with the understanding that it was a complete collection and came to the realization that they had to put down another $70 to own everything.

"Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners" is a 30 minute OVA epilogue that was animated for the BD Box release.

edit: Looks like I took way too long to write this response, everything's been covered already :S
JONJONAUG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
OK, in all seriousness now, why the hell is this more expensive then the R2?

Aniplex USA has been using the same exchange rate for the yen since 2011/2012, basically ignoring that the exchange rate has changed from 80 yen to a dollar to 120-125 yen to a dollar. Prices have been consistent for imports since their Fate/Zero import release. It's just that the stronger dollar/weaker yen hasn't been converted into lower prices for the English release.

Probably because the prices are still the same in Japan and Aniplex has already gotten away with these sorts of prices over here, they see no reason to lower the price to match with exchange rates. This only applies to their releases that are direct imports. Their releases that are unique to the West (added subtitles/dubs) are usually cheaper than their Japanese counterparts as they've always been.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 am Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

The only reason I was willing to pay so much for the import is because KnK is so damn good and I wanted to see that Ufotable animation in blu ray quality.

The aniplex KLK sets are on my christmas shopping list, look forwarding to watching it!
Suncraft

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
This series is so good it might be worth taking $300-$400 to buy it come November.

Hurts using CAD vs USD vs JPY.
Jackanapes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Is this still the most expensive Movie series of all time or is Gundam Unicorn more. I think that ones like 7 x $99.99 or something like that
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Normal anime movies are 20 dollars. This should be 200 dollars TOPS, 160ish if it wanted to be normal.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
So I did the math. At $320, each film breaks down to pennies under $40 each.

May I also remind you that each of these films (save for the epilogue) were released between the years of 2007 and 2009.

May I *also* remind you that the majority of these "films" aren't even an hour in length.

So just to put this into perspective, Aniplex wants you to pay 40 dollars, for an 8-year-old movie... that's only 48 minutes long.

Yeah. I'll pass. Confused
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
*sees headline* Shocked gasp! a standard BD set? Surprised does this mean i can finally add these films to my collection?

*sees price* ...hahahahaha... yeah, no... not happening. Rolling Eyes

if i'd wanted to spend that much on these, i'd have sprung for that LE Import set they released a few years back (looked so gorgeous!). wouldn't have have cost me much more, considering where the CAD dollar is right now vs back then too Sad
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
If they at least dubbed the films then I might have considered it. As it is though, you can get this exact set cheaper by directly importing from Japan (subtitles included and all)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4