• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I'm starting to think that animes are not very well animated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Cloe wrote:
[Nah, animating on twos is smooth enough to create non-choppy pans. Since most animation is animated at 24 fps (this is the film frame rate and also HD frame rate), 12 drawings per sec. perfectly suffice. The frame rate of pans and zooms should always match the frame rate of the character animation, or else it looks really awkward.
Broadcast quality HD recorders can be what ever frame rate is required by a simple menu selection on the front panel. Wink

I'm talking from an animator's perspective here. I honestly don't know that much about commercial HD cameras, but the official HD format for animation
is 1920x1080 square pixels at 24 fps.
That is true, but when it comes to transmitting it, or playing it back off a DVD it will be at 30, or 50 fps depending on what country and it's that frame sync error that causes the jumpy pans. It's also the reason that wheels, or tires look like they are spinning backwards, when the wagon, or car is moving forward, whenever a movie with them in it, is being transmitted.
zhengdi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote
I agree, like Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew, I always seen their mouth moving but not their body. I guess the picture makers are being lazy, and leave the job to the Dub teams. But that's normal for all human, if it's you who is making the Anime, you would be lazy too, every one wants to finish their job fast and dosn't care the process... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote
zhengdi wrote:
I agree, like Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew, I always seen their mouth moving but not their body. I guess the picture makers are being lazy, and leave the job to the Dub teams. But that's normal for all human, if it's you who is making the Anime, you would be lazy too, every one wants to finish their job fast and dosn't care the process... Sad

I don't think any animators are lazy. But they do have a deadline and they *have* to finish the episode before that - so that's why they're taking shortcuts once in a while.
CGord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I am frequently floored by the high visual quality of anime; perhaps it's the shorter series I watch vs the long ones that I usually skip (with the exception of Bleach & Naruto). The visual quality of those two (especally Naruto) is below most every 6/12/26/etc episode series I've seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3