• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III for PS4 Unveiled in Videos

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
Laughing They should change the name to Fujoshi Fantasy with all those undertones.

They already cashed in big with otaku with Lightning, I guess they're going for the fujoshi now. Got Yuuichi Nakamura and Mamoru Miyano to voice main characters and everything.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
That KH3 footage looked no better than a well-made PS3 game... Why couldn't it just be on PS3? Anime cry I guess I am buying a PS4. They shouldn't have wasted so much time with all the spin-offs though.

Despite all that, I am sooooo stoked for the game. I have been dying for the next true entry in the series. I hope it retains the same gameplay as 2, and hopefully it will have a couple more SE characters.

Also why didn't they just ignore 14's existence and call 15 14 instead? Did ANYBODY actually like it?

Tons of people did. The hype for the revival is pretty huge too. It's one of those MMOs that is more appreicated in Japan though. After playing the beta for Reborn, I don't see it getting much more attention in the US even now. The conference did mention it will also be on PS3 and PS4 later this year though, but I'll only be getting XV and KH3
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I see quite a few people in Japan anticipating it, but I imagine most Americans will stick with World of Warcraft or something. It's not really the kind of MMO they like (single faction, so no dual faction Horde VS Alliance rivalry/pvp stuff like pretty much every MMO has these days) and it's more of the Japanese-style of MMO. I'll play it, but it's definitely not going to be super huge or anything in the west. It'll be for people who want a Final Fantasy-flavored online game.
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Animeking, they should have done a Twilight Princess with Versus XIII XV, and put it on both the previous gen and the next gen.

I'm actually really annoyed that after all this time, they finally decided that Versus XIII was going to be a part of the main franchise instead of just a spin off game... it was obvious from all the time they spent on it that it was going to be big, why didn't they just make it part of the main franchise in the first place? Instead, they used it as a way to make the FF13 franchise as some big, amazing thing with all these different stories with a similar recurring theme; well agito XIII was changed to Type-0, and Versus was too much of an epic masterpiece to just be a spin off, or a part of the FF13 series... this seems like a silly thing for me to complain about, but I guess I just feel like Square Enix has wasted so much of our time with the whole FF13 franchise and Versus XIII XV.

They've spent what, seven, eight years on this game, with it being in production since the early PS3 days and now they're gonna release it for the PS4? Once this game finally comes out, I would love for them to give an explanation on why it's taken them so long to make this game, to the point where they had to spend an entire generation making it.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Kingdom Hearts 3 just locked it in for me - I'm getting a PS4.

As to the others, I was going to play the new FF-Online anyway, and well... it looks like this is the end to the Final Fantasy franchise as I loved it. So long RPG, hello full out adventure game they obviously want to compete directly with the likes of Uncharted/Assassin's Creed/Tomb Raider/etc. Sort of saw this coming though.

It was nice knowing you Final Fantasy. As pretty as it looks, that's not what I'm looking for in a game from them.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I knew versus is going to be XV all i really want to know that I want to all the characters to be playable not only one that makes final fantasy special I like playing other characters also I was happy it is coming soon now i can buy the game and kingdom hearts 3 OMG I'm going to buy it Very Happy
itchymas24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I am definitely doing the crossover and coming over to PS4. KH3 <3
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
100 dollars cheaper, no DRM crap, 2 awesome games from Square...yep, I know which System i'm buying.

I mean seriously KHIII FFXV both look awesome. Can't wait. Cool Very Happy

Oh and the Indie Games & Knack look fairly entertaining as well.

Yep looks like as per usual i'll be sticking with Sony & Nintendo systems this Gen as well. Cool PS4, I look forward to you.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if we're going to get more decent female characters (or even guest playable ones) in the next Kingdom Hearts series like Aqua.
traveling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait till these games actually come out before I bet the farm, but this does make the PS4 look very appealing.
DRWii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
FF Versus XIII renamed as XV

I realize I'm probably in a small minority by saying this, but boooooooooo. I'm still not entirely sure why, but this always bugged the hell out of me, even when it was just a rumor. It doesn't help that they basically trolled us with the logo change ("No no, we're not renaming the game, whatever made you think PSYCHEIT'STOTALLY'FFXV'NOWHAHAHAFOOLEDYOU!"). Also doesn't help that the gameplay they showed off looks more like the "Uncharted" series, which I never got into and doesn't appeal to me.

I guess I can try to view it semi-optimistically as the universe balancing things out: I (finally) get a new "Mirror's Edge," so I lose "FFXV" in exchange.

So now I can look forward to "XVI"...which will probably be another MMO. But then I can anticipate "XVII"...which will be a re-branding of "XV-2" or something.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
I could have SWORN when I was watching the Playstation conference that Sony announced Final Fantasy 15 as a PS3 and PS4 game.... Looking forward to both of these games regardless.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
[Also doesn't help that the gameplay they showed off looks more like the "Uncharted" series, which I never got into and doesn't appeal to me.

>_> Uncharted didn't invent action games. Considerin' you still have health bars and party members this is more comparable to Kingdom Hearts or Last Story.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quote
Okay. I need XV. And thus I need a PS4.

I'm excited that it's coming out. I was a little nervous it would go the way of The Last Guardian and be stuck in development hell forever.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Okay everyone. According to Playstation's Twitter, Final Fantasy XV will be for PS4 and PS3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3