• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach's english cast list: your verdict.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shehzad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote
Hi! First of all I like to say that I am a big fan of bleach and I think that the series will be great. Now that some of the main cast for the English dub has been announced I like you all to debate on your opinions for the choices of each cast and there characters. To all of you that do not know the voice cast for bleach you can see from this link.
anime#4240
Johnny Yong Bosch has been cast to do Ichigo Kuroskai, and noticeably from Trigun (vash), and Vash and Ichigo have to my top of my head nothing in common. Anyway start debating. Good choices or is it the downfall of Bleach.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote
I think it's a great voice cast. It doesn't matter if Vash and Ichigo have nothing in common. Trigun and Bleach are two different series that were never meant to have the slightest in common. What matters is that the voice actor's voice fits the character and that he/she has the ability to bring out the character's personality (emotions and all that). By your logic, if JYB playing Ichigo is bad because he has nothing in common with Vash, than wouldn't Steve Blum playing Oriochimaru be a bad decision, since he and Spike have nothing in common? Rolling Eyes

I don't really know the other characters that well (I've only seen the first episode), but I can think Johnny will do a good job as Ichigo. Or at least, he'd better, otherwise there's gonna be a lot of anger.

And about your "downfall of Bleach" comment - if you don't like the dub, don't watch it. It's as simple as that. And it's not like the show is being edited and butchered (they'll probably remove a little bit of blood, but that's it), so you don't have to worry about people not seeing the "true" version.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote
You should probably use the pre-existing thread in the Talkback forum.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26263
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah, use the pre-existing thread. It'll probably get a lot more hits since it's in the Talkback forum too.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1