• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomackze

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I suggest having some RP forums in this website to get a lot more activity (because people will post constantly on them). Also maybe an "advertise" section for people to put down their sites, talk about it (describe it) and have some try it out. This way we can all spread websites everywhere and we'll uncover much of the anime world
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Just so you know, the Talkback forum is for headlines and frontpage news only. If you want to make suggestions for the site, I recommend you put the thread somwhere else like the Encyc. or Bugs & Tech., or whatever forum it'd be more suited in.

For now, though, I'll move this to the Anime forum.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
If they let people announce their websites, we'll have (probably broken) links to thousands of useless Fushigi Yugi and Inuyasha webpages on Yahoo and countless fansub/bootleg sites that distribute licensed anime. I can see it now:

OMG YOU HAVE 2 SEE MY NU ANIME WBSTE111 FUSHIGI YUGI RULZ I AM A BIG FAN YOU CAN DNLOAWD ALL THE EPS AT MY SITE B$CAUSE TEH DUB SUKZ LOL1111!!!1

Seriously, Anipike had a post like that recently, and when I went to tell the person, the moronic mods flamed me and threatened to ban me. Thus, the reason I stopped visiting that site (and sent them a nasty e-mail). I don't want the same to happen to this forum.
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Alex K. wrote:
Seriously, Anipike had a post like that recently, and when I went to tell the person, the moronic mods flamed me and threatened to ban me. Thus, the reason I stopped visiting that site (and sent them a nasty e-mail). I don't want the same to happen to this forum.

Well... maybe that'll teach you not to backseat mod anymore
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, I think everybody does it here once in a while so don't get cocky. I know I'm one of the many guilty parties. But getting back on subject, Alex is right, bootlegs and scanlations would probably be 75% of the links posted. And who knows what kind of other "dirty" things might be posted.
Tomackze

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
then make it like a 100 post thing to post or something like that
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Tomackze wrote:
I suggest having some RP forums in this website to get a lot more activity (because people will post constantly on them). Also maybe an "advertise" section for people to put down their sites, talk about it (describe it) and have some try it out. This way we can all spread websites everywhere and we'll uncover much of the anime world

ANN already offers advertising. animenewsnetwork.com/ads.php
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
ANN already offers advertising.

To retailers, right? I think he's talking about to other people's personal anime web sites.
Tomackze

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
to be more specific i was going to link you guys to a RP website that has a ton of animes and a great admin that's here to help
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
one3rd wrote:

To retailers, right? I think he's talking about to other people's personal anime web sites.

The advertising isn't specific to retailers. The point is that ANN doesn't just offer links to other websites for free. And by "RP" does the original poster mean "PR," as in "Public Relations?"
Alex K.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Alex K. wrote:

Well... maybe that'll teach you not to backseat mod anymore

No, the only thing it taught me is that their mods are idiots who tolerate those kinds of posts from immature 9th-grade Inuyasha fangirls.
Tomackze

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
one3rd wrote:

The advertising isn't specific to retailers. The point is that ANN doesn't just offer links to other websites for free. And by "RP" does the original poster mean "PR," as in "Public Relations?"

role play Very Happy
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
You're suggesting role play on ANN? Rule #3 clearly states that, "Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them."
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Not a good idea. There was a thread a couple months ago where they tried role play but it ended up getting locked (I should know I was one of the posters).

Here it is.

Last edited by fighterholic on Fri May 05, 2006 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I think a place where people can post there anime sites is a good idea. I think they should be more like review sites than fan-sites (which I don't care to look at). Agreed, NO FANSUB LINKS should be permitted at ALL!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2