• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Initial D DVD: "Tricked out" mode?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I dunno if any of you read up on Tokyopop's site, but appearently, there will be two versions of the same show on the DVD's. One will be the "Import-Clasic" mode (which is the regualr subtitled format) and the other is the "tricked-out" mode. appearently, not only is this the English dub version, but it will also feature the "Americanized" names, and "enhanced music" (have no clue what that means, but instead of hearing the show's music, you might get say...Linkin Park or something like that), and a few other features.
I dunno, it sounds cool and all, but I would rather they just put more episodes per disc, and stick with a simple dub/sub format and no "tricked-out" editions (sounds like that stupid re-release of The Fast and the Furious DVD)
Has anyone heard anything more about this?
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard more about the "tricked out" version, per se. But I have heard that there's also just a straight dub on the DVD's with the original soundtrack.

And there was much rejoicing.

Yay.

No if only they'd announce the dub cast so that I'd know if they've cast Brian Drummond as Ryousuke Takahashi or not. They need to use Drummond. I can't think of anyone else who's as perfect a stand in for Takehito Koyasu.
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen the first 15 eps or so, but why would you want to change the music for the show? Its really good music. From what I understand, Tokyopop isn't going to use the correct names for the subs either. After all, didn't they screw up the names for the manga as well? It would be kinda silly to use the correct name for the subs yet screw them up for the manga and the English dub. If you screw it up, you might as well go all out. Confused
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:40 pm Reply with quote
i'm surprised Initial D isn't as popular as DBZ over here what with the whole RICE trend and all
RX-7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they are going for a funimation style. Mad They say you can mitch-match the dub and sub to your liking but not sure exactly how its going to work out. Confused Just have to sit back and wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1