• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime charictor do you most resemble

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Topic says it all

please be sure to tell the charictor, anime, and a description

example

aprince
Miroku
Inuyasha
Miroku is a sick sick individual who's always looking for one thing. When he finds a girl he tries his best not to let his iner sex demon out but he just cant help it
CyberViper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quote
There is no way i'll be able to just put one character down for this...
First, i'll start with Tsukasa from .hack//sign, mostly because he just wants to be left alone but everyone is constantly bothering him. I feel so bad for him because the same thing happens with me. Everyone wants to talk to me and hang out with me when the only I want to do is either go to sleep, watch anime, or play video games.
(We had this survey to give to people on how they see us for one of my classes...and everyone so far i've given it to (10 or so people) said I am VERY sociable, when I checked off on my own survey that I was VERY reserved. Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad . What the heck is wrong with people?)
Anyway, I completely identify with Tsukasa, so I think i'm kind of like him. Very quiet and reserved and wanting to be left alone.

Second i'd say Sakaki-san from Azumanga Daioh. She's really quiet and shy, and she loves cats and lots of other cute things. She is probably also my favorite character from Azumanga Daioh.

Third, would be one of the Juppongaton (sp?) from Rurouni Kenshin. The guy who has the giant scythe and everyone confuses with being a girl. Yea, because i'm constantly being confused with being a girl. This happens constantly with strangers and sometimes my friends from far distances don't even think i'm me...I guess it's just how I look...what can I say i'm very pretty. Very Happy

I can't think of really any character that matches a good physical description of me...oh well.
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I could swear there is already on thread on this, however I could care less.

I would probably say that I most resemble Jet from Cowboy Bebop because I always feel as if I am parenting my friends because they are so lost when it comes to doing projects and I always end up saving my friends on them. Also Jet has more maturity than the other two and I consider myself to be a mature person.
Aretak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd say I'm most like Maggie from R.O.D the TV. I'm not an outgoing person, and often find it hard to talk to people. There's also few things I enjoy more than finding a place to sit alone and read, away from the noise of the outside world.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
there's too many to just choose one....

first, i feel that i resemble Ed (fullmetal Alchemist) because i have my morals (mostly) in the right place, i'd do anything to save friends and family, however i will admit im also very short tempered...

second, I'm reminded of (unfourtanetly) Ed (cowboy bebop) because (i hear) i can be sometimes an annoyance (better in small doses, so they say) however im also a bit crazy and off the walls like Ed. Im also amazing with computers, just like Ed.

however i can easily (if it pertains to topic title) relate my friends to anime characters....

my ex girlfriend => Chii, from chobits. She is the cutest thing ever, however she's dumb to a point from which there is no return. Despite that however, you can't help but love her.

my best friend (guy) => Lucy, from elfen lied. This is kind of scary, however quite funny as he is just playing (sometimes). He has an extremly dark and cynical sense of humor, ranging from killing puppy jokes to dead baby jokes. He is also suspended on a daily basis, for the sake that the first and last things he does when annoyed are beating peoples asses, and beating peoples asses. Why, i recall in sixth grade, a kid called him fat, so he stood up and hit the kid with his lunch in the face. then he threw him in the garbage. then he poured milk on him. then he laughed.
aprince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Aretak wrote:
I'd say I'm most like Maggie from R.O.D the TV. I'm not an outgoing person, and often find it hard to talk to people. There's also few things I enjoy more than finding a place to sit alone and read, away from the noise of the outside world.

I'm like you. I have a hard time with talking to others. I go to a small school of about sixty people so its easy to comunicate because i know everyone quite well, but if I'm talking to someone new I have a hard time getting courage to talk to people. Im not very outgoing

I also enjoy reading, but I cant seem to find any good books. I am currently starting a book of intrest right now. I do get agrivated when I'm trying to do my work and the place gets quite noisy. It's one of my pet peves
animonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
In nature... probably Spike from bebop, or mugen from champloo (same guy, pretty much). Or gon from hunterxhunter or goku from dragonball (NOT dragonball z) Serious when I need to be, but always light-hearted no matter what. In appearance... I look kinda like chouji from naruto. lol. really... Sad
CyberViper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
So I told my friend about this thread and he told me someone who I physically resemble who I completely forgot about.

Android 17 from DBZ.
Just add a lot of piercings to 17 and there you go, i'm Android 17.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:
In nature... probably Spike from bebop, or mugen from champloo (same guy, pretty much). Or gon from hunterxhunter or goku from dragonball (NOT dragonball z) Serious when I need to be, but always light-hearted no matter what. In appearance... I look kinda like chouji from naruto. lol. really... Sad

i thought he looked cool......
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I am just going to be honest here but I bet you all may think you look that way in the mirror, but I highly doubt everyother person sees you that way. If you look like spike, animonkey, prove it, because I doubt it.

On topic...

I have the sword skills of Kenshin and Aoshi combined

I can shoot a gun like Vash from Trigun

I look like Brandon Heat in Gungrave

I use arm slaves as good if not better than sosuke from Full metal panic

and...

Finally I can transmutate a million times better then Ed from Full metal alchemist.

Yay I aM TeH BsEt I wiN !!!111!!1!111!!!1 heHa
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
I am just going to be honest here but I bet you all may think you look that way in the mirror, but I highly doubt everyother person sees you that way. If you look like spike, animonkey, prove it, because I doubt it.

On topic...

I have the sword skills of Kenshin and Aoshi combined

I can shoot a gun like Vash from Trigun

I look like Brandon Heat in Gungrave

I use arm slaves as good if not better than sosuke from Full metal panic

and...

Finally I can transmutate a million times better then Ed from Full metal alchemist.

Yay I aM TeH BsEt I wiN !!!111!!1!111!!!1 heHa

i was referring to personality per-say, i thought thats what we were supposed to do. And of course people in general dont look at you that way, people in general don't watch alot of anime.

also, that text above made me laugh. Im just waiting for someone to think thats all serious
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:

i was referring to personality per-say, i thought thats what we were supposed to do. And of course people in general don't look at you that way, people in general don't watch alot of anime.

also, that text above made me laugh. Im just waiting for someone to think thats all serious

I wasn't refering to you becasue you used personality as an example. The problem is not that people look at you a certain way because they have seen anime, I think that these people who think they look a certain way feel that is how others view them. Regardless of if "those people" have seen anime. It is how people think others see them, its called egocentrism.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
NyuuChan wrote:

i was referring to personality per-say, i thought thats what we were supposed to do. And of course people in general don't look at you that way, people in general don't watch alot of anime.

I wasn't refering to you becasue you used personality as an example. The problem is not that people look at you a certain way because they have seen anime, I think that these people who think they look a certain way feel that is how others view them. Regardless of if "those people" have seen anime. It is how people think others see them, its called egocentrism.

ahhh, i see. Sorry, I was a bit confused. And, if i may ask, Why would one WANT people to think they thought they looked like an anime character? And im not really huge on "egocentrism" cause i never really cared what others thought of me (or i wouldnt really be doing half the stuff i do would i? Wink )

however i do see where you're coming from and get what you're saying. However, they have to realize people don't see them that way rightt?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I look like the nameless classmate in school who always can tell the hero(ine) what the homework was or who's on clean-up duty. Crying or Very sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
If you look like spike, animonkey, prove it, because I doubt it.

I don't know about animonkey, but I look JUST like Kotori Shirakawa from Da Capo.. Don't believe me?!? I have PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF! Just look over there.
<----------

That's me showing off my patented greeting salute.

~CHIWASU!~

Actually it's all quite depressing. I mean.. I'm a guy.. that looks EXACTLY like a really hot chick. I'd so go out with myself!!

Well, the real question is are we talking 'resemble' as in physically look like? Or more like 'resemble' as in share similar traits, personalities, etc.?

I do know the perfect person to post in the thread though. *Paging Cloe, paging Cloe, please report to the 'What anime charictor [sic] do you most resemble" thread on the double.*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2