• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter x Hunter (regarding the series)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ff4930

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching the series and I didn't like the ending too much because there was so many things unsolved. Such as the spiders, and Gon's dad. The whole plot was Gon meeting his dad and it showed less than 10 seconds of them meeting. I was wondering if anyone know if there is an continuation for this series. thanks.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:50 am Reply with quote
You talking the end of GI Final? Yeah, that's not the end, by a long shot. The manga continues after that for what's generally called the "Chimera Ants" arc, which is so far about as long as GI was. If they continue to follow the pattern they have so far with the series, expect a 6 episode OVA of the first half or so sometimes within the year, although they haven't announced anything yet.

Otherwise, the manga is available. . . somewhere.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:17 am Reply with quote
Major spoiler do not look at unless you really want to know who is behind that tree is spoiler[ its not his dad, but Kaito that one guy from the very first episode ] thats from chapter 185 by the way and also the last anime episode in the GI Final Arch is also from the middle and not the end of that chapter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Well... spoiler[if you remember the one guy who Gon stumbled upon in the beginning of the series, was actually his dad. So when he finally finished Greed Island, the wish he wanted was to meet his dad, whom he already meet in episode one!]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
He didn't meet his dad in episode one. He met Kaito, who was his dad's apprentice.
xiaoyu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:03 am Reply with quote
well just wait for they finish the ant arc and the will released to anime soon.
jousha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, it bugged me when spoiler[I found out that it wasn't Gon's father sitting against the tree; I thought it was cool that they still are searching and what-not, but I was already happy from Gon finally meeting his dad. I thought it was an appropriate ending for the OVA by giving it a (false) sense of closure that would be good to open up in another OVA.]

Awesome series; I just love how different the conflicts are from each other throughout the series.

P.S. Gon is one of the best protagonists . . . ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1