• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GitS: SAC, Season One glitches.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote
Most of us should be aware of all the glitches that occurred in the distribution and production process by now, so here I am to ask for confirmation.

Up until about a week ago, I only had the Special Edition Vol.1 with the rear left speaker glitch for the DTS track and the out of order track listing for the OST (which has been addressed and corrected). However, I have purchased and recieved the rest of the series as an early Christmas present and am in the process of checking for errors.

Needless to say, I opened Vol.2 last night, and sure enough, the DD and DTS discs were mislabeled as was reported way back then.

Looking through ANN's Encyclopedia entry for other articles relating to further GitS: SAC glitches, I see there is also a problem with Vol.3's English track during the opening. I have yet to open the case and actually give it a listen, but I'll assume that it is probably messed up as well.

And, here I am to ask and make known all of the glitches that might exist, so that I can e-mail Bandai and get all of this fixed at one time.

Thank you in advance for any assistance Smile.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
The only problem I had with my discs was that I bought the regular edition of volume 2 but the disc that came inside was the DTS disc and my surround sound system only recognizes Dolby (even though it says it does both and I turned the option on.) Which reminds me I still need to send it back.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
The only problem I had with my discs was that I bought the regular edition of volume 2 but the disc that came inside was the DTS disc and my surround sound system only recognizes Dolby (even though it says it does both and I turned the option on.) Which reminds me I still need to send it back.

oO; man, that sucks. I bought the 1st and 2nd Special Editions and the third as well. I didn't notice anything wrong with the third disc, it plays fine for me. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop but I did have the same problem with the first two, it kinda screwed me up when I placed a DVD in my DVD player and was all "....WTF? Where's the sound?" but it's not that big of a deal because the other disc was Dolby.

But, actually, the GitS: SAC - OST was pretty much correctly ordered, the problem was was that Lithium Flower didn't have it's own track and followed right after Velveteen, my computer, when I uploaded it, recognized Velveteen to be 8 minutes long, I thought that was strange but I figured out why. So I just hopped on the internet and downloaded Lithium Flower without Velveteen attached to it. Confused I think it's only fair since they screwed up the tracks, and since it's hard to know what's playing on my iPod Shuffle.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
This is a rather silly error, but on disc 6 did anyone else see the slowdown in the intro sequence at the beginning of "SCANDAL"? The intro animation would slow to a crawl, then speed up, then slow, then speed up again so it kept up with the song "Inner Universe", but it just looked painful to watch. It may just be my disc though so I wanted to ask.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
This is a rather silly error, but on disc 6 did anyone else see the slowdown in the intro sequence at the beginning of "SCANDAL"? The intro animation would slow to a crawl, then speed up, then slow, then speed up again so it kept up with the song "Inner Universe", but it just looked painful to watch. It may just be my disc though so I wanted to ask.

Huh. This didn't happen on my disk. Confused Maybe the DVD was slightly corrupted?
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
But, actually, the GitS: SAC - OST was pretty much correctly ordered, the problem was was that Lithium Flower didn't have it's own track and followed right after Velveteen, my computer, when I uploaded it, recognized Velveteen to be 8 minutes long, I thought that was strange but I figured out why . . .

You too? I found that out when I was listening to my Discman on the train over Thanksgiving. I was like "wotthehell is this, where's Track 9?. Also, I used to think Lithium Flower was picked as the ED because it referred mainly to Mokoto Kusanagi. Now that I've listened to it I have serious doubts (She's incredible math???)
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
But, actually, the GitS: SAC - OST was pretty much correctly ordered, the problem was was that Lithium Flower didn't have it's own track and followed right after Velveteen, my computer, when I uploaded it, recognized Velveteen to be 8 minutes long, I thought that was strange but I figured out why . . .

You too? I found that out when I was listening to my Discman on the train over Thanksgiving. I was like "wotthehell is this, where's Track 9?. Also, I used to think Lithium Flower was picked as the ED because it referred mainly to Mokoto Kusanagi. Now that I've listened to it I have serious doubts (She's incredible math???)

Anime hyper the lyrics crack me up. What's strange to me is that, I believe, is a British guy singing it? *laughs*
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
"Incredible Math" = Numbers = The hotness scale of 1-10 possibly, who knows? Confused
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, hopefully my Disc 6 just has an isolated flaw. Thanks, DarkTenshi90!

The Frankman wrote:
Also, I used to think Lithium Flower was picked as the ED because it referred mainly to Mokoto Kusanagi. Now that I've listened to it I have serious doubts (She's incredible math???)

The song is about Motoko. "She's incredible math" just refers to her incredibly powerful cybernetic body. Similarly, who else could Scott Matthew be talking about when he says "And is she really human?/She's just so something new/A waking Lithium Flower just about to bloom." The song can also be seen as a love song that is being sung for that woman who is no longer human on the outside. Still, in GitS that's basically referring to Motoko.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:

This problem was also present in Cartoon Network's broadcast of the episode.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
Really? So perhaps it was a bad batch of discs if [AS] actually ran a bad intro for "SCANDAL". It's funny; I actually stopped watching GitS:SAC on [AS] at "ERASER" so I could watch the last few eps on DVD first. If I had waited one more week I would have seen the bad intro. I'm going to have to watch "SCANDAL" when it reairs on [AS].
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
OK. So I assessed the problems with Vol. 2 (the mislabeled DVDs) and Vol. 3 (sound dropout during the opening for the English DTS track). However, I sent an e-mail to [email protected], but have yet to get a reply since I sent it almost a week ago. Is that the wrong e-mail address, or is there another one any of you can recommend?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1