• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.Hack//G.U. and // .Hack//Fragment

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shingo blood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
has anyone already heard of these anime based games???
heres a trailer from G.U. http://www.dothack.com/flash.html

and as for //Fragment: it seems its a MMORPG!!!!!!
as in a real onlime game:)
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Yes, actually there was a thread on this not too long ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shingo blood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:

really??
can you tell me the threads name?
i couldnt find anything about .hack//G.U.
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait any more for them. We should be freinds on there and kill monsters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
shingo blood wrote:
Aromatic Grass wrote:

really??
can you tell me the threads name?
i couldnt find anything about .hack//G.U.

It was this thread started by Emerje:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15606&highlight=hack+g+u

It was actually more about the online version, but G.U. is mentioned in there.
(P.S. - I used search to find this, so every ".hack" is highlighted in orange.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:30 pm Reply with quote
if theres going to be an mmorpg that takes place in the .hack world, why don't the just simply call it The World? All of the .hack fans will definately be jazzed to see that the killer mmorpg has finally come into fruition.
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
if theres going to be an mmorpg that takes place in the .hack world, why don't the just simply call it The World? All of the .hack fans will definately be jazzed to see that the killer mmorpg has finally come into fruition.

.Hack//fragment sounds cool, maybe the story has something to do with the world fallen into fragments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:

...and why doesn't some computer/technology company catch on and make virtual reality headsets so it feels like you're really in the game?

Actually, I always think of this when my friends start talking about Runescape. That game reminds me of the world, so I always wonder why no one has given it a headset yet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:

...and why doesn't some computer/technology company catch on and make virtual reality headsets so it feels like you're really in the game?

Hmmmm. Didn't some company already try that.

Nah, but really, I don't know if technology has made it that far, outside of some company that say it does, but doesn't. But if a company did have some like in the anime/game series, then I don't see why not use it for most games.
Please Nintendo, don't it with the Revelotion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
if theres going to be an mmorpg that takes place in the .hack world, why don't the just simply call it The World?

Because it's supposed to based of the beta version "Fragment."

BoygetsfireD wrote:

I don't think we're quite there yet. The beta version didn't come out until two years from now. (Supposedly, Dec. 24 of this year was the Pluto Kiss incident.)
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I did hear once in gamepro that there was a company building a VR helmet for a flight simulator game. They were making it so that if you were to turn your head left or right, then your POV would corespond to the direction and even the speed at which you turn your head. But that was a little over a year and a half ago. Don't really know how far they got with it.
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:54 am Reply with quote
The last time they tried to make a VR for public it was by nintendo and ended up a real disaster, the manager of that project lost his job and was eventually removed from the industry, they never sold enough ... so i don't think any any major corperation is dumb enough to re live that experience. yea , the technology is there, but on commercial market it just wouldn't work. I hardly belive either microsoft, Sony or nintendo would make a commercial VR headset any time soon, maybe not even in the comeing decade.

Quote:

has anyone already heard of these anime based games???

wasn't it the other way around ? i think they made the .hack video games first, then .hack//sign and .hack//dusk, so game based anime would make better sense, thought if you mean "anime-based-game" as a refrence to its visual style and stuff, then you are right.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quote
TAKAVAR wrote:
The last time they tried to make a VR for public it was by nintendo and ended up a real disaster, the manager of that project lost his job and was eventually removed from the industry, they never sold enough ... so i don't think any any major corperation is dumb enough to re live that experience.

You should watch "Icon" thing on the Gameboy. Gumpei Yokoi (father to GB and Game & Watch) was pushed to the side, not fired. Later on, he left and formed Koto, where he worked on the Wonderswan. Now about the system itself, they said it could have done color, but battery was an issue. Colors would have been a gaint drain for those roaming with the system. That and it wasn't till the death of the system, that a head harness was made, they even had photes in EGM. But yeah, red and black, $140, and pretty much First Party, made it a hard sell.

I'm pretty sure that some where down the line, one of the big three will try again. Maybe Nintendo. Maybe Sony. Who knows, but I doubt that any company will stop trying. Heck, they are out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1