• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seint Seiya..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
will adv films release the rest of the anime uncut dvds and will they release the movies?
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Last I heard, they were in negotiations with Toei to release the rest of the series...I'm not sure if that included the movies or even the recent Hades OVA's or not though. I'm assuming someone will at least pick up the rest of it. It would be bad for them to leave it on a cliff hanger note like that. I think they were in negotiations with Toei about it because of the fact that Toei started releasing their own stuff out here under their own label, with distribution being handled by Geneon. The only bad part about that is, the localization of their stuff is being handled really poorly with closed caption subtitling with off timing and really weak translations. I've heard some of their stuff has improved but, that was quite a while ago so, I'm not sure as to what the quality is like now. I'll join you guys in praying for the rest of the series to come out here. I'd say contact ADV and express your interest in the series but, I'm not sure if they'd listen or not. I had a helluva time getting a response about anything in the past....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpikesGrrl
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I've also contacted ADV about the release of the rest of Saint Seiya and their answer was to check their web site for more info, but there's no Saint Seiya being released for Sept, Oct or Nov so I guess its a waiting game.

Mary
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1