• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
cowboy bebop the movie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urashima-san

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
it will be on adult swim this saturday instead of during october,as was previously stated. so if you haven't rented or bought this yet heres your chance to check out this great film!
ananda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the Info!!! Very Happy

I haven't seen "Cowboy Bebop: The Movie" yet, however, I've finished watching the series so I am very much looking forward to it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
It's an awesome film although I caught it in it's limited theatrical run and promptly bought it when it came out so I probabally won't be watching it.

I just hope the sound on AS's copy is better than that of the version that aired on the Encore Action Channel. It sounded terrible like it was recorded in a giant metal barrel, tin-ey with lots of echoing, really annoying compared to the DVD's nice Dolby 5.1 mix. Mad
patch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see it on [as] either. Anime smile

Already have the DVD but will be great to see it premiere on [as]. I give them props for getting rights to show, it's obvious they love'd the series based on the long running only make sense that the place that gave Cowboy Bebop so much exposure also gets to show the movie.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up.i'm almost done with the series and i'm
happy i saw Cowboy Bebop.it's a great series and i'm looking forward to the movie.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I have the DVD but I'm still gonna watch just to see how they edit the 3 "shits" we hear in the dub (as uttered by Spike at the beginning and the ISSP Chief twice near the end). Also, I noticed that the promo was fullscreen. I wonder if the movie broadcast will be the same way? I certainly hope not, although it looked like it was properly reformatted and not stretched out like MTV2 did with Heatguy J.

Last edited by Starwind Amada on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
patch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
I have the DVD but I'm still gonna watch just to see how they edit the 3 "shits" we hear in the dub (as uttered by Spike at the beginning and the ISSP Chief twice near the end). Also, I noticed that the promo was fullscreen. I wonder if the movie broadcast will be the same way? I certainly hope not, although it looked like it was properly reformatted and not stretched out like G4 did with Heatguy J.

I'm sure they'll preserve the original aspect ratio, [as] has never disappointed there, someone definately needs to have a talk with G4 though to find out what the hell are they thinking stretching all the anime they broadcast to 4:3.
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought MTV2 was the one that aired HeatGuy J all stretched out and such. It was around the time they were also showing that CG spider-man show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Onmyoji wrote:
I thought MTV2 was the one that aired HeatGuy J all stretched out and such. It was around the time they were also showing that CG spider-man show.

Yeah, you're right, it was MTV2. My bad.

Spider-Man? This is ANIME News Network, not ANIMATION News Network. Nobody cares about that.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Spider-Man? This is ANIME News Network, not ANIMATION News Network. Nobody cares about that.

Don't whine about the mention of Spiderman. He was just using it as a reference cause it helps him remember the time better.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

Cool it. I don't know why you're getting so worked up over a passing mention of a show that was often paired with an anime in MTV2's scheduling, but I am now intrigued.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

Cool it. I don't know why you're getting so worked up over a passing mention of a show that was often paired with an anime in MTV2's scheduling, but I am now intrigued.

Arachnophobia?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1