• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I need more aNiMeS!!!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovehinafan1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
PLEASE! I've run out of animes to watch. And I just got out of school (summer baby!) and my sister and brother and me need suggestions. Meh liky anything as long as its not something to do with robots and pls dont bother with shonen-ai, I'll never be able to get any since I have 2 overprotective brothers Sad
Thanks for any sugestions made. And if you can, pls add a discription and what genre it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neclord516

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if you could provide us with a list of animes you have already seen so we don't recommend something that you have already watched. Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aokage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
Girls Bravo
Samurai 7
Basalisk
Green Green
Law of Ueki
Chobits
Negima

I should warn you that some of those on the list may feature adult content. Perhaps not sex...but at least some hyper violence and sexuality. But there are friendly ones there, like Chobits and Negima. You should like Negima. You are already a fan of Love Hina, and Negima is another Ken Akamatsu work.
lovehinafan1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the recomendations Smile
Oh ok, and the animes I've seen so far:
Elfin lied
Love hina
Ichigo 100%
Naruto
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicle
Samurai Champloo
Negima
Gundum Seed
And thats about all i can remember.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I'll recommend School Rumble.

It's one of the funniest romantic comedies I've seen a while. It takes a simple setting like high school, but throws in a lot of over the top comedy and parodies (a la Excel Saga, but nowhere near as crude and sometimes offensive).

The charcters are a joy to watch by themselves or in groups. There are also some very entertaining plot twists and interactions at least once an episode. I'd probably consider this a top 3 candidate for my all time favorites in this genre (though I don't think I've seen more than 4 total Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop).

It also has one of the catchiest intros I've ever heard Anime exclamation.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Neclord516

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I recommend:

Berserk - pretty violent but the story is one of the best in Anime and the battles are very entertaining.

Hajime no Ippo - a Boxing anime that has a great story and interesting characters. The boxing action is some of the best fights I have ever seen.

Gungrave - a very deep and moving anime about a man named Brandon Heat who gets sucked into a Mafia like world. Made by the same man who did Trigun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I would have to second SCHOOL RUMBLE... just a brilliant anime... its one of those animes that you actually do laugh out loud...

HELLSING is great to watch as well due to the story....

FULL METAL ALCEHMIST is jsut great.

FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE or BECK would be great if you're into music
Hikaru_Kirei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Hee Hee. Ooh yes; everyone must have their stack of anime shows for the summer. ^-^ I've got quite a few suggestions myself, and you made rather interesting choices in series viewing.

Well, for one, since you have seen, (or rather perhaps, currently watching) "Tsubasa Chronicle", it might be an enjoyable idea to see what else CLAMP may have to offer. Such as CardCaptorSakura, and erm...I can't really recall where the character Mokone came from.

Anyway, I think it would be fun to watch the Tsubasa characters from outside this CLAMP crossover, and see how their personalities differ from their original anime. I know for one Sakura and Syaoran (spelling?) happen to have matured in Tsubasa. Also Syaoran had quite a rougher attitude in CardCaptor Sakura compared to Tsubasa.

Whee. Moving on, recommendations:

--Kodoma No Omocha: If you feel the need for a childlike romance with its occasionally drama, this anime is right for you. I believe to what is translated to "Child's Toy", this is about an eleven year old girl, who happens to be well-known throughout Japan as an actress. Her spontaneous behavior adds to this show's hilarity, and the romance in this is just absolutely adorable.

Your usual school bad boy and his best buddy, versus main female element and her best friend. Bad boy (who happens to randomly sprout as a Cheetah...{They are human. ^-^;}) dislikes main girl, main girl dislikes Bad boy.

Basically a conflict between them and their hidden emotions that cause 'opposite attraction' sparks; except with fan mobs, family horror, squeaky hammers, suicidal boys with knives, chickens, broken hearts, and a love triangle. Whee…That was a lot. ^-^;

--Wolf’s Rain: Well, I suppose you must have seen it, since Adult Swim aired this series for a while. This series, in my opinion, was very well planned out, and slightly one of the more unique shows I have come to witness. This is set to what I believe is sometime in the future, where people roam about in their daily lives. People? Not quite. Wolves hide from their animalistic forms to that of people, because they fear of what may happen if they were to be caught in their true forms.

People apparently don’t know they exist, and those few that do, fear them, or want to cause harm to them. There was this ancient prophecy of why wolves went into hiding, but in this prophecy included statements of the “Flower Maiden.” She is the key of ‘Paradise’, where wolves may come forth as a sanctuary from their world.

A band of wolves, with different personalities and beliefs, (one of which does not believe in ‘Paradise’ and reluctant to join, whereas the other believes in ‘Paradise’ with a fervor) come together by mishap. They learn to work together, deal with one another, and ultimately supporting each other like a pack of wolves they once lost. The ‘Flower Maiden’ was taken from a scientific study, and also part of the group.

Together, they try to find ‘Paradise’ while the Scientists, an aged man with a half-wolf companion who despises wolves {past you’ll find out later}, and a threatening evil chase them at their wake.

--Senkaiden Houshin Engi: Or as in it’s dubbed name; “Soul Hunter”. I’m not so sure of any sites you might be able to download this series from, (since I don’t download my episodes..^-^;.) though, you might be able to buy it as a complete box set. That’s how I got it anyway; Continuing with this topic…

This is a relatively short anime. Only about…twenty-six episodes or so complete the whole series, but still, the character development is absolutely wonderful, and how they meet up is wonderfully hilarious. This is a definite anime that you might want to watch over during “nothing-to-do” weekends.

“Soul Hunter” is an adventure that will be sure to leave you on the edge of your seat. Consisting of Fantasy and humor, this is a clever tale, that somehow fits in all the drama and emotion in only twenty-six episodes. To be honest, I finished watching this series and felt like a changed person. I cannot describe how superb this is, and you can only experience it’s wonder by watching it yourself. The trickery, the change in character, the surprise, the rivalry, relations, magic; WOW... It’s just…WOW. Whee…now I’m completely blubbering like an idiot. xD;

Wicked spirits under the spell of a demonic mistress are attempting to annihilate mankind. In this setting in ancient China, the dynasty is completely falling apart to poverty and despair, under it’s poor ruler, who has fell under the mistress’s spell.

The Gods send a young male with a list of spirits with his own ‘Houshin’ weapon to defeat them all. Meeting companions on the way, with their own special skills, they try to take down the spirits one by one. (Some more reluctantly, and with different intentions than others.) Not only is the spirit hunt occurring, but wars and imprisonment have been occurring as well.

Though, the real evil, might not be what they expected.

Trust me, this is better than it sounds. A lot better. There’s more depth in this, though I had just gotten a little slacky in my typing. Sincerely though, I seriously suggest you watch this anime show. Buy it, download it; just get it one way or another.

Eep…apologies for the length. ^-^; I had to make you read through my ghastly ramblings. >.<;

Nyuu…oh well! Anyway, please do enjoy your summer, and much luck on finding anime shows to your preference. ^-^

-Hikaru_Kirei
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
MAR (Machen Awakens Romance). Despite the title it's a shonen fighting anime by the creator of Flame of Recca (they used the classical translation of "romance" to mean a fantasy story, rather than a boy-girl story).

Yakiyatte!! Ja-Pan, which is about breadmaking, but is so hilarious and engaging that you'll never be bothered by that fact. Watch and episode and you'll be hooked.
nakama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
lovehinafan1 wrote:
Thanks for the recomendations Smile
Elfin lied
Love hina
Ichigo 100%
Naruto
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicle
Samurai Champloo
Negima
Gundum Seed
And thats about all i can remember.

i see you have Naruto and Bleach in your list so i can recomended fansubs
i say go for one piece not that pile of crap on 4kids tv but the real thing
one piece is the perfect show it has the right blend of action and comedy while still very serious
i know a good place for one piece fansubs but cant say them here if you wanna know were just send a Private Message
Suikoden6880

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Have you watched Saiyuki yet? That's a very good anime. You could try that one out as well. Smile
patch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
lovehinafan1 wrote:

..snip..
Samurai Champloo
..snip..

based on this and your avatar, I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop same director, different setting, and overall one of my all time favorites.. Smile
lovehinafan1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Thank you guys SOOO much on the recomendations. I'll try to collect them all ASAP so your typing wont go to waist Wink
I looked into School Rumble. And it looks great ( I know me, me bro and sister will enjoy this one Very Happy )
And thanks Hikaru_Kirei, I'll check those out as well. And thanks for the lOnG summaries. (althought you didn't have to work that hard Smile )
I've heard most of the rest of the other recomendations althought I never really knew what they were about. So now that I have a lil backround info on it,so now I'll look into it.
-tHaNkS Ya'll!
Hikaru_Kirei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Hee. You're very muchly welcome, Ma'am lovehinafan1. ^-^

(Wowwies...that previous sentence kind of, sort of didn't make sense. o.o;.)

I like to provide other people who are in need of suggestions with those that were enjoyable to me. You're also very welcome on the whole summary thingies. I wanted to give you a decent insight on the anime series I chose. Working hard, a slight habit of mine. ^-^ ....Pssh. xD Never mind, I completely take that back.

Anway, enjoy your summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1