• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rare anime on DVD?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OsamuTezuka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Is E.Y.E.S. of Mars and/or Robot Carnival available on DVD? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Also is there an english dub available of the 1966 Jungle Emperor Leo movie?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
After Streamline's license for Robot Carnival expired, it appears that no one picked it up - so no DVD. Very sad, although we can still hope that someone'll come along and pick it up again.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
After Streamline's license for Robot Carnival expired, it appears that no one picked it up - so no DVD. Very sad, although we can still hope that someone'll come along and pick it up again.

I'm pretty sure the license reverted back to APPP and now Super Techno Arts has it (as they're APPPs NA branch). I know they were talking about doing a DVD release at one point, but I've also heard they may be holding out for a 20th anniversary project (maybe even a sequal) in 2007.

Emerje

(edit) Just checked the STA website and they had something interesting in their FAQ:

"There have been rumors about a sequel to Robot Carnival. Is it true?"
A sequel to the well-known anthology anime Robot Carnival is currently in the planning stages at APPP. Once it is produced, Super Techno Arts will consider releasing it to the US market.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quote
OsamuTezuka wrote:
Is E.Y.E.S. of Mars and/or Robot Carnival available on DVD? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Also is there an english dub available of the 1966 Jungle Emperor Leo movie?

The 1966 Jungle Emperor Leo movie was never licensed, so no, there is no english dub anywhere in the world.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
logboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quote
robot carnival was issued not so long back (officially!) in korea, with english subtitles. its the same master as the japanese disc i hear...
El Capitano

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:33 am Reply with quote
On the same note, is Ninja Senshi Tobikage(perhaps better known as Ninja Robots) available on DVD with English subs or French dubs?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:16 am Reply with quote
As for Ninja Robots being on DVD, that's unknown. It is listed as being aired on Cartoon Network in Asia, and Solar USA in the Phillipines, but no licensors.

Ninja Robots (TV)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
Too bad I'm pretty sure CPM lost the rights to Rumic Theather (OVA, not TV). I guess I have to find replacement for my aging copies. Crying or Very sad Then theres "Ultimate Teacher".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
OsamuTezuka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
Is there an E.Y.E.S. of Mars DVD? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:40 am Reply with quote
Not it isn't. There are a lot of anime movies from that period that still haven't made the transition over and likely never will.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1