• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do you think InuYasha and Kagome will end up together?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horsegirl77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:52 am Reply with quote
Ok, we know that InuYasha loves Kagome, but doesn't show it openly, and so does Kagome. Miroku and the others seem like they know that they are secretly in<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=Love&id=31';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> love,</a> but never bring up the subject. What do you think will happen with Kagome and InuYasha? Question And after they make the last movie, do you think InuYasha will become human and live with Kagome, will Kagome live in the feudal era with IuYasha (and maybe her family, too), or will the well be sealed up and they will both go on with their lives without each other. Hopefully not the last one.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:01 am Reply with quote
Thats thinking too far ahead. Inuyasha is complete in japan so some one on this forum is bound to say what happened (USE SPOILER TAGS!!!) But, whiat i think will happen is this (multiple possabilities);

Possabilities:
1.Inu and Kagome get to gether
2.naraku dies,
3.miroku or sango dies. maybee inu.
4.Kagome gets trapped in the fudel era or present day.
Mroni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:06 am Reply with quote
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER >>>>>> its the same crappy Uy type ending that Ranma had Ie there isnt one they just run off saying w'ell see you or what not.

Mr Oni
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:08 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
Thats thinking too far ahead. Inuyasha is complete in japan so some one on this forum is bound to say what happened (USE SPOILER TAGS!!!) But, whiat i think will happen is this (multiple possabilities);

Possabilities:
1.Inu and Kagome get to gether
2.naraku dies,
3.miroku or sango dies. maybee inu.
4.Kagome gets trapped in the fudel era or present day.

The anime is done in Japan, not the manga. The anime ending is really a spoiler[non-ending. It's just the end of another story arc with a "we'll keep chasing Naraku until he's defeated" thing at the end.]
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote
You know what will happen in your heart, you just don't want to say it. Well, I'll say it for you - A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING!
NO resolution
NO closure
NO happy ending
Face it - that's how Anime works - they suck you in, only to spit you right out!

*cough*EVA*cough
*cough*err*KARE KANO*cough*
*A-CHOO*Berserk*cough*

need I say more?
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, in this case the source material for the anime didn't end, so it's probably better this way. There's still room to cash in on the Inu Yasha franchise with more movies and OVAs that would help to finish up the story. But usually if the animation studio tries to write (force) an ending, the result is absolute garbage.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote
It's a SHOUJO anime. That means that the male and female leads will NEVER hook up. Girls apparently love that lack of resolution and consider it "romantic" or something.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
It's a SHOUJO anime. That means that the male and female leads will NEVER hook up.

It's no more a shoujo than Ranma ½ is (i.e., it's not), and lead characters in shoujo anime do tend to end up together spoiler[(see: Aya & Touya in Ayashi no Ceres).]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tiggernmoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Ohoni wrote:
It's a SHOUJO anime. That means that the male and female leads will NEVER hook up.

It's no more a shoujo than Ranma ½ is (i.e., it's not), and lead characters in shoujo anime do tend to end up together spoiler[(see: Aya & Touya in Ayashi no Ceres).]
they should be together Exclamation
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's no more a shoujo than Ranma ½ is (i.e., it's not), a

Everything by Takahashi is Shoujo, it's just cleverly distguised with action elements (note the ratio of male to female hardcore Inu fans).
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote
So its just an action that will never hav an ending? I mean if it doesent have an ending then then how will anyone get the tought of inu yasha and kogama out of there mind. I say that Sango and Meroko get together.
Super

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
So its just an action that will never hav an ending? I mean if it doesent have an ending then then how will anyone get the tought of inu yasha and kogama out of there mind. I say that Sango and Meroko get together.

Btw its Kagome & Miroku and yeah Sango and Miroku should get together=P
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:
It's no more a shoujo than Ranma ½ is (i.e., it's not), a

Everything by Takahashi is Shoujo, it's just cleverly distguised with action elements (note the ratio of male to female hardcore Inu fans).

So the ladies love to see Girl-Ranma tits flopping all over the place? Urusei Yatsura & Ranma ½ were the dawning of the very much male-oriented harem genre, while Maison Ikkoku remains one of the prime examples of what could be considered seinen romance. The closest thing Takahashi's done to shoujo in the mainstream market is Inu-Yasha, and that was more intended to be a gender-neutral "general audiences" series than anythng.

By the way, several Gundam series have more female than male fans. Are they shoujo?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:52 am Reply with quote
Wing is, to an extent, Seed's more 60/40. Takahashi's work tend to have action and humor to them, so they do have guy fans, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plenty of guys enjoy plenty of shoujo series. Yes, many of her works feature topless females (including Inuyasha at some points), but that is all contained in humor and romance that the chicks seem to dig. Urusei and Ranma both had large amounts of female fans as well, if not nearly as many as Inu Yasha.

And Inu and Kagome WILL get together, as will Miroku and Sango, exactly 5 minutes after the end of the last Inu Yasha tv episode/OVA/Movie to ever be made. Short of that, no, never.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1