• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quotes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
I would love to know what interesting anime quotes everyone has encountered out there (or here). Be it funny, serious, meaningful, or just something that you enjoy. Let's just share what phrases you like.

"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." - Arisu (Serial Experiments Lain)

"They often say humans cannot live alone... but you can live pretty long by yourself." - Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

"You shouldn’t leave things in the fridge. That is the lesson." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

"There once was a tiger striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived, and lived a million lives, and was owned by various people he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day this cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white, female cat and the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years past and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger striped cat cried a million times, then he died too; except this time, he didn't come back to life." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Last edited by nerei on Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krelian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:52 am Reply with quote
I liked this great one from Full Metal Alchemist:
"There's no such thing as no such thing"

I'll add more later since I have a horrible memory Very Happy
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote
I'll use quotes from one of my favorite animes, Hajime no Ippo. Most of them will be from the manga though.

Takamura:I've been thinking about it all last night and I finally have the answer. Why are you scared of a black boxer? Because you're not used to them!
Ippo: Huh?
Takamura: Why are you reacting like that?! I brought a black boxer here for you to spar with!!
Aoki painted as black: C'MON!!!

Aoki: I can't believe it's us vs. a bunch of chicks who like Hayami
Fat chick: Hayami-kun!! Show us a KO win!!
Kimura: Die!
Takamura: How about I give you a middleweight knuckle sandwhich to your temple you bitch!

"It's all right. Ali and Lenoard even lost before as well. And after that, that was the beginning of their legends."-Hayami Ryuuichi

Kumi: Is it fun? Boxing that is.
Ippo: How should I put this, yeah, we get hurt, but yeah, it's fun.

Ippo: I also cheered for Miyata-kun so it was a big shock to me that he lost. I believe he truly won because he didn't lose farily. His opponent was cheating and...
Kumi: Cut it out! Please don't say anything bad about my brother. Why do people who don't know anything about my brother always say mean things about him? Why do you all think my brother is a bad person?

"Even though you are already strong, why did you have to cheat when you fought Miyata?!"-Makunouchi Ippo

"There is something that I have left to do."-Makunouchi Ippo

"I'll be waitin' in Osaka"-Sendo Takeshi

"You can break all the bones you like, but in exchange...I will take your life!"-Date Eiji

"There are times when working hard may not be enough. But those who succeed worked hard." -Kamogawa Genji

"Boxing has no lucky punches. When a man hits an incredible punch out of coincidence...it's a punch he's thrown, hundreds, thousands of times in practice. His fists are alive. If he didn't practice and it wasn't a good punch, then it wouldn't hit. And if it hit and his fists weren't alive, the opponent wouldn't fall. When I retired, I said that I fell victim to a lucky punch. But I was wrong. When I began watching it from outside the ring, I realized it. Some do it for fame, some do it for money. And for whatever the reason they endure hellish training. They put all of their feelings in their fists and hits the sand bag tens of thousands of times. They never give up no matter what. It is those living fists...that create miracles!!!"-Miyata's Fatehr

"You're the best cornerman anyone can ask for."-Takamura Mamoru

Takamura: What happened to the days when you would play with your dick??!!
Kimura: That was Aoki!!!

"Even if you kill someone in the ring, it won't be a crime now won't it? Don't you dare think you're going back to Nagoya alive, Sawamura Ryuuhei!"-Mashiba Ryo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Illumina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
"Sure, let's live today, let's live tomorrow and let's live the day after that - even if it means living in eternal pain." - Vash

"In the end the world we live in will be enveloped in darkness"
"Yes...and that is why we will continue to seek the light."-2 girls from Noir

"Your pure hearts are suffering in a world where answers cannot be found." -Lady Une, Gundam Wing

"If you are strong, you live, if you are weak, you die." -Shishio

"Nothing is stronger than the will to live."-Kenshin

"You can always die. It's living that takes courage."-Kenshin

To quit would be meaningless. All that I fought for, and all that I live for, would come to have no meaning at all...
People should be free. With no one bound by others, and no one binding others... Inside of me, there is a part of me that desires that freedom, and a part of me that gives me hope.
So, I shall fight to win true freedom!
For we are still alive!
We fight to live. That is the reason why I fight. It's proof I'm human. -Fei(not anime, its from Xenogears)

The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.-Keele

What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks?! -Shnji

One who realizes their sins have no sin -old guy from Haibane Renmei

Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.-Rei

Instead of feeling alone in a group, its better to be alone in ur own solitude. -Faye Valentine

Life cant be that bad, it ends after the first time. -from ending song from cowboy bebop

here is a funny one from eva manga

Asuka: What happens if Shinji gets horny and tries to rape me?
Misato: Don't worry, he won't have the guts to.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
"When I think about it, I should have noticed back then. . . On that day, when I held Chise in my arms, I didn't feel her heart beat." (Shuji, Saikano)

“Police girl. . . I’m going fire my gun now, and the bullet will rip through your lungs before it hits the maggot vampire’s heart. . . I know you don’t want to die tonight. Do you want to come with me?” (Alucard, Hellsing)

“Like you, I will part ways with my family. I wish to be with you even if it means throwing everything away. So therefore. . . I ask you. . . please accept me, vows and all, and make me your wife.” (Aoi, Ai Yori Aoshi)

“There’s a difference between missing the old days and being stuck in the past. In the same way that the city must change over time, it’s important that people move forward in their lives.” (Toka, Boogiepop Phantom)

"I am a dangerous beast." (Yoko, Twelve Kingdoms)

"What is the worth of this world if my sister cannot live in it?" (Shannon, Scrapped Princess)

Hmm, might be fun to make a contest out of this. But I'll use a different thread for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:05 am Reply with quote
Here are some of the ones I like (some of these might be a little off):

"Oh well, whatever happens, happens" -Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

"The past is the past and the future is the future. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. The present is the present. I am who I am and you are who your are. That's all there is to it. Does it really matter? Or do we just think it does?" -Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

"You told me once to forget the past, cause it doesn't matter, but you're the one still tied to the past, Spike!" -Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

"If a person truly wants to live, he can make anyplace he wants a heaven." -Yuri Ikari (NGE)

"People can't even really understand themselves, much less each other" -Kaji (NGE)

"Anywhere can be heaven as long as you have the will to live. After all, you're alive...and you can find the chance to achieve happiness anywhere. As long as the Sun, the Moon and the Earth exist, everything will be all right." -Yuri Ikari (NGE)

"No one has the right to take the life of another." -Rem (Trigun)

"There can be more than one truth." -Vash (Trigun)

"Life without pain isn't a real life." Isamu Dyson (Macross Plus)

Sorry the list is so long. I picked my favorites that came to my head.
The Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
"You are already dead." -Kenshiro, Fist Of The North Star
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Some of my favorites are:

"Are you scared? You should be." Raditz (Drangonball Z)

"I will survive!!!" Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing)
Jake3DTrains

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
[deleted for outdated-ness]

Last edited by Jake3DTrains on Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
"Who are you, and what are you doing in my celing?" - Akito (Nadesico)

not really accurate:
"so the moral of this story is, don't leave things in the refriderator too long" - Spike (cowboy bebop)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Goodspeed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
"Neither will alone, nor strength alone." Lacus Clyne, Gundam Seed.

more to come
Slugger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:06 am Reply with quote
Here are two quotes that I like:

"We have come to terms." -ending caption, Big O-
"We have come full circle." -ending caption, Big O-

More to come...
owen_c

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quote
"Art is brief, life is long."
- My Neighbors the Yamadas
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
"Alchamest be thou for the people", Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemest) =)
-M-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tenchi_2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
sorry this is in japanese but...
ocha hairimashita mirufille galaxy angel

i put this in japanese as i only watch anime in that language as the english dub sucks no offense
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2