• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't have an i-anything, but I played this game back on the original PSX and I'm actually replaying it now on my PSP. This is a super fun game with tons and tons of customization, enjoyable gameplay, and a pretty deep storyline.

Some really fun games were released on the early gaming systems and while I suppose some people will complain that the game companies keep re-hashing old titles, I think it's great that today's portable devices have the ability to run the old games that used to require a console system or PC. Being able to play some of the best of these old classic games on the go is awesome.

Now if someone could just put the old PC game Master of Magic out for Android systems I would be a happy camper. Anime catgrin
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
The original game on Playstation is actually my favorite Final Fantasy title. Although, that's mainly because I favor tactics-based RPGs over regular JRPGs. There's so much more thought that goes into battle, and the class system for FF Tactics was so much fun. If I had an iPhone or whatever I would probably get it just to play it again. It looks like they added a few things to it as well.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
Being able to play some of the best of these old classic games on the go is awesome.

Indeed. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my all-time favorites, and I'm happy to have both the old game, and the PSP version. I actually have two copies of the PSP game, to do the multiplayer game with myself if I want (since I want those rare multiplayer-only items...)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
I laugh that over a whole first minute of a 2-min trailer are just words. Laughing

Still undecided whether it's worth getting for our iPad2........
jsc315

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Don't! the game is broke the text is horrible small and the controls just seem broken for the most part. This is a very lazy port and it shows badly.

And yea i hate trailers like this for game that have 2 min of text that show nothing about the game then 10 seconds of game play that really dont help sell the game at all.

The sad thing is the price wont be dropping any time soon at all. All the other FF game are still at full price maybe dropped a $1 but that's about it. For as much as they are charging for this horrible port people are just getting ripped off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
This is a very lazy port and it shows badly.

That is really a shame. From the trailer, which is part of the start up sequence from the PSP version, it gives the impression they somehow managed to port the PSP version over.

Maybe the i-phone/android technology isn't quite up to the task quite yet? The PSP port is fantastic, and with as much attention to detail as they gave that one, it's really too bad the i-version isn't up to snuff.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
I'll never understand people who play actual games on an iPhone/Pad (i.e. not simple touch commands like Angry Birds or Cut the Rope), especially when you have a DS or PSP port available, like this. I just can't play games on these devices; the lack of tactile feedback is horrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1