• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fantasy VIII Opening Liberi Fatali at the Olympics

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
What a surpise it was to turn on the TV to the olympics whitch has been on for awail now, now on it when i turned it on was Sucronised Swimming, how boring you might think unless ya know you like that stuff, but right before i changed the channel something caught my hearing, what is that music the Americans are swimming to? Holy Crap in a basket its the Final Fantasy VIII Opening song "Liberi Fatali", The American Team was swimming to non other than the Final Fantasy VIII Opening theme, what luck eh? Then came in after Spain and i missed what the comintators said about the song but they got the school of: 48.667 Placing them in number 1 with 2 teams left meaning at the very least they will get bronze metal, Japan just beated them so now there in secound Razz how weird
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Well to a certain extent it does make sense that they would use Liberi Fatali - besides just the novelty factor. The song has alot of good rhythmic beats to it that would make for an interesting routine, also, this song is very 'exciting' which helps the routine as well.
Lucca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:48 pm Reply with quote
... Which competition was it? According to an MSNBC article, it was music from "Gorky Park", whatever that is.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5799063/
11th paragraph.

Then again, there's a few S.S. events, so it could have been another event. :/ I'm looking for perhaps a link to verify this, but it would be awesome if you were right.

Can you tell I'm skeptical?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
It was the duel womens event it came on around 2ish Texas time they got te ebrownze that gorky park might have been from the semi but i can swear on it that it was the FFVIII theme im tryin to find writen proof but all i see is that exact same artical on like 8 diffrent sites
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:53 am Reply with quote
Wow... now I'm regretting skipping that event. Seeing people swim to Final Fantasy music in an attemp to get a gold would of been kind of neat.
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Is "Sorceror's Apprentice" FF too? That was what they had for the finals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:19 pm Reply with quote
easyer to say than "Liberi Fatali" i would guess Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1