• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Where can I find anime ringtones?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
My father recently bought the whole family some Motorola T720s, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some compositions or (hopefully free) downloads.

I know "Teh Rules" say "no unauthorized MP3s," but techincally, I'm looking for midis and music notes.

I'm new to this sort of thing, and this is my very first cell phone. Any other information you all could give me about anime ringtones (or maybe even this phone) would be very much appreciated.

If this thread seems a tad worthless to the mods, I would understand its locking. But please let it run for just a few days to see if I can get anything. I like this phone a lot and would like to "animaze" it. Laughing
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quote
You can go to this site: www.polyphonicringtonez.com. It has your normal jay z and stuff like that, but then it's got a theme song section w/some anime stuff - I've only got a song from initial D, but there are a few others in there. They've also got a video game section - I know, not anime, but some are real good. I've got the battle theme from FFVII, and the tune that plays whenever you unlock a secret in the Zelda series. This site is pretty easy to navigate from your phone or online. Good luck, man.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:29 am Reply with quote
I have these ringtones on both my Personal and my Company Phone.

Real Emotion on my Personal, 1000 Words on Company.
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:46 am Reply with quote
Try animelab.com's midi archives. It's www.animelab.com/anime.manga/midi/

You can find lots of anime songs in MIDI format there and they're free to download. I've got a Nokia 7210 and it's quite limited (4-channel polyphonic) and I use a freeware called Anvil Studio to manipulate the MIDI to the necessary file size/number of channels, etc. Then I upload it to my phone usign the necessary cable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1