• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help One Piece Become Successful! PLEASE!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I left a forum just awhile ago where they had a big discussion about one piece and how its doing in america, some said its doing okay but it could be better and others said it was doing bad, but if it fails 4kids won't release uncuts and they'll believe that fanbase never exsisted and wont see any reason to release Games Etc, however I was thinking why not all of us come together as a fan base a push the show, even if it is in 4Kids hands we can make one piece ratings really high and it to become the next big thing! I love one Piece and I know if the show does good they'll release Uncuts of it So Please just watch it or turn your Tv on, on it and leave the room if you can't bare watching it please help this show from Fan to fan please (I'm Actually in Tears)If we can give FMA, and others good ratings we can give One Piece it too my anime brothers, My Family will you help me?
R.G.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned,it's doing quite well.They're already planning to bring OP games here so I wouldn't worry.

You bet I'll keep on watching One Piece.It's a great show.
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
I left a forum just awhile ago where they had a big discussion about one piece and how its doing in america, some said its doing okay but it could be better and others said it was doing bad, but if it fails 4kids won't release uncuts and they'll believe that fanbase never exsisted and wont see any reason to release Games Etc, however I was thinking why not all of us come together as a fan base a push the show, even if it is in 4Kids hands we can make one piece ratings really high and it to become the next big thing! I love one Piece and I know if the show does good they'll release Uncuts of it So Please just watch it or turn your Tv on, on it and leave the room if you can't bare watching it please help this show from Fan to fan please (I'm Actually in Tears)If we can give FMA, and others good ratings we can give One Piece it too my anime brothers, My Family will you help me?

...One Piece is good...but you really need some help...mentally. If someone doesn't like the show...then they don't like..don't put people under pressure.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote
kaitoueesu wrote:
Laruto wrote:

...One Piece is good...but you really need some help...mentally. If someone doesn't like the show...then they don't like..don't put people under pressure.

I sorry for pressure to thoughs who don't but I'm concerned and loking for the help of those who are fans who gave up on it, ones who loke the show, Ones who want to know about one piece but don't want to wath the editted verison though, ones who will actually watch the show or help another anime fan out! thats all Crying or Very sad
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
If we can give FMA, and others good ratings we can give One Piece it too my anime brothers

FMA gets good good ratings because it's not completely butchered. And FMA is a good show, whereas I always found One Piece to be idiotic. And it seems to me that by getting everyone to watch the hacked up version, you're just sending the message to 4Kids that it's ok to cut stuff, we don't mind, we'll watch it anyways.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quote
If One Piece was doing poorly, then 4Kids would probably want to make as much money off of it as possible, to guarantee a profit off their investment, so they'd actually be more likely to release it uncut on dvd.
elniro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote
one piece is finally coming to UK in april, so thats good news
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote
elniro wrote:

The version you are getting, however, is questionable at best.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
One Piece actually gets more "eyeballs" than Fullmetal Alchemist, since a lot more kids watch Saturday morning cartoons than teens and adults watch late evening cartoons, but One Piece is relatively struggling in the ratings because it's up directly against Spongebob Squarepants, which some weeks beats it by a margin of as much as 5:1 (One Piece seems to get between 1.5 and 1.7 ratings points, while Spongebob Squarepants has gotten up to 7.5).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
R.G.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
kaitoueesu wrote:
Laruto wrote:

That's telling 'em.Those who like One Piece,will watch it in spite of any edits,which don't really alter the story in any way.
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
One Piece actually gets more "eyeballs" than Fullmetal Alchemist, since a lot more kids watch Saturday morning cartoons than teens and adults watch late evening cartoons, but One Piece is relatively struggling in the ratings because it's up directly against Spongebob Squarepants, which some weeks beats it by a margin of as much as 5:1 (One Piece seems to get between 1.5 and 1.7 ratings points, while Spongebob Squarepants has gotten up to 7.5).

How do you read the numbers like 1.5, how does that translate into a number like 300,900 viewers? Sad
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:

How do you read the numbers like 1.5, how does that translate into a number like 300,900 viewers? :(

It's actually not that clear, because, while the regular ratings points represent approximately 1 million viewers each, the only Saturday morning ratings available for free online (I get 'em from Toonzone) are in the "Kids 6-11" demographic, which is the demographic the advertisers are most interested in at that time of day on those channels, so the points for those would be only a fraction of the total ratings points.

I don't know what kind of ratings One Piece is getting above the 6-11 demographic, having no data available (though the number of adults who enjoy Spongebob should not be underestimated), but those viewers aren't that important for the advertisers on those channels at that time of day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote
I've loved one piece since I first found it about 4 years ago, and becuase I love one piece I won't watch the butcherd piece of **** that airs on fox.

I've sent physical petitions to 4 kids asking for an uncut subbed release, I've also started letter writing campaigns.

if you want to support one piece, encourage them to produce a quality release and don't support the crap on fox.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:42 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

And to add insult to injury, One Piece gets beated by a 4 Year Old RERUN!!
elniro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:34 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
elniro wrote:

The version you are getting, however, is questionable at best.

Yes but at least it is coming here. Although i dont see how they can air cut episodes when the uncut ones are watchable by children, i cant recall anyone being killed, people get shot and in next scene they're not bleeding, so if they do air cut episodes thats just pathetic
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3