• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gist Sac and Heat Guy J Questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Septeus7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I am confused by some things. First,The encyclopedia here says there are 52 episodes of Gist Sac 1st Gig. So why can't I find any episodes after episode 26?

Two, again the encylopedia says that there are 26 episodes of Heat Guy J. So how come I can't find any episodes after episode 13?
K†B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quote
i'm a bit new to this site, so I don't claim that this answer is right, only a speculation. But I assume that they know of 52 eps and only have the summaries and titles for 26.

Again, i'm new so I wouldn't really know, but I think you'd get many more responses if you had this topic in the forum "Encyclopedia"
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
By "find" do you mean "download"?

Anyway, the second season of GitS has yet to be made. However, both series are licened, so you shouldn't be downloading them anyway, if that is indeed what you mean by "find."
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Septeus7 wrote:
I am confused by some things. First,The encyclopedia here says there are 52 episodes of Gist Sac 1st Gig.

anime#910

That is the series page; both seasons (which belong to the same show) are included as a single TV series, because in effect that is what it is.

As you'll notice, Ranma 1/2 is two separate shows (Ranma 1/2 and Ranma 1/2 Nettohen) but we've combined them into a single page as well:
anime#64

We do this because it would be MORE confusing to list them separately. Instead, we list them as seasons, because that is what they are.

Quote:
Two, again the encylopedia says that there are 26 episodes of Heat Guy J. So how come I can't find any episodes after episode 13?

Because it was licensed and is being sold by Geneon Entertainment. Buy the DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigFire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:
By "find" do you mean "download"?

Anyway, the second season of GitS has yet to be made. However, both series are licened, so you shouldn't be downloading them anyway, if that is indeed what you mean by "find."

Nope. http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/gits4/ S.A.C. 2nd GIG are currently in production, as well as being release 2 episodes per month.
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Well obviously by now your GITS question was answered. I posted the same question earlier last month.

As for your Heat Guy J question I assume your talking fansubs. Yes I've only found about 13 eps as well . But sometimes the translating crew that originally work on projects will suddenly stop altogether based on companies taking licensing deals or they personally have no more time for the responsibilty.

Who knows maybe there are more out there. But from what I hear Heat Guy J is due to hit MTV soon.

D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Septeus7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I think I understand now. Episodes 27-52 are Gist Sac 2nd gig. Heat Guy J was licensed but they haven't release vol.5 (episodes beyond 13) yet so I have to wait. Is this correct?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1