• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animation Kikou Marco Polo no Boken

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARTA JAVANBAKHT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello
How i can finding web site for buying a animation name:
Animation Kikou Marco Polo no Boken
I try but i couldn`t find any web site to sell this animation ,please help me to finding it.
Thanks.
ARTA JAVANBAKHT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Hello again
Nobody knows?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm afraid that, according to Wikipedia in Japanese, the master tape made by NHK has been long lost, and no home video will (or can) be made in any foreseeable future.

Wikipedia in Japanese wrote:
なお、NHKには本作のマスタービデオテープ(ドキュメンタリー部分と組み合わせて音声まで完全パッケージされたもの)が現存していない。恐らく局側が当時高価だったビデオテープの再利用ということで後日に別の番組を重ねて録画したためであろうという説が濃厚である。真偽はどうあれ、マスターテープが行方不明で再放送すら行なわれず「幻の作品」となって久しいのは事実であり、各メディアでの発売は今後も絶望的な状況である。

My translation wrote:
Furthermore, master tapes (containing both the audio and documentary part) of this title no longer exists today. A widespread rumor says that NHK had recycled those tapes for other purposes back when blank video tapes were expensive. Truth or not, it is a fact that master tapes are lost and there will be no broadcasting, giving the title a legendary / mythical status. It is pessimistically unlikely to be released in any form of media in the future.

There's an online petition for its redistribution, but I honestly don't think it would have any effect.

You might want to watch its opening from YouTube; fluid animation of moving camera around Marco. The second opening, however, is quite silly in my opinion, as most Chinese buildings (such as the Forbidden City) did not exist when Marco Polo visited China. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ARTA JAVANBAKHT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I'm afraid that, according to Wikipedia in Japanese, the master tape made by NHK has been long lost, and no home video will (or can) be made in any foreseeable future.

Wikipedia in Japanese wrote:
なお、NHKには本作のマスタービデオテープ(ドキュメンタリー部分と組み合わせて音声まで完全パッケージされたもの)が現存していない。恐らく局側が当時高価だったビデオテープの再利用ということで後日に別の番組を重ねて録画したためであろうという説が濃厚である。真偽はどうあれ、マスターテープが行方不明で再放送すら行なわれず「幻の作品」となって久しいのは事実であり、各メディアでの発売は今後も絶望的な状況である。

My translation wrote:
Furthermore, master tapes (containing both the audio and documentary part) of this title no longer exists today. A widespread rumor says that NHK had recycled those tapes for other purposes back when blank video tapes were expensive. Truth or not, it is a fact that master tapes are lost and there will be no broadcasting, giving the title a legendary / mythical status. It is pessimistically unlikely to be released in any form of media in the future.

There's an online petition for its redistribution, but I honestly don't think it would have any effect.

You might want to watch its opening from YouTube; fluid animation of moving camera around Marco. The second opening, however, is quite silly in my opinion, as most Chinese buildings (such as the Forbidden City) did not exist when Marco Polo visited China. Cool

Appreciate for your helping ,what can i do now ?you think there is no way to finding this animation?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
ARTA JAVANBAKHT wrote:
you think there is no way to finding this animation?

Unless there are some enthusiasts who recorded the TV broadcast back in 1979 (and that's probably how those YouTube files came from), I don't think you can purchase it in any form as a commercial merchandise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ARTA JAVANBAKHT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
ARTA JAVANBAKHT wrote:
you think there is no way to finding this animation?

Unless there are some enthusiasts who recorded the TV broadcast back in 1979 (and that's probably how those YouTube files came from), I don't think you can purchase it in any form as a commercial merchandise.

Thanks for your helping.please do me a favor ,if you can find any news about this animation please give me massage.i am very upset because i had a lot of memory about this animation.
thanks.
ARTA JAVANBAKHT

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote
No body found any news about this animation link for buy or site for dl?and sorry i cant read a japanese text.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1