• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai (finally) Releasing Galaxy Angel AA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Just saw this press release over on Anime on DVD:

Bandai Press Release wrote:
March 13th, 2007 (Cypress, CA) – Bandai Entertainment Inc. announced today it will release Galaxy Angel AA on DVD. This sequel to Galaxy Angel is a 26 episode series and will be released in four volumes, with volume one coming out on June 19th of 2007.

The continuation of the popular series features more wacky adventures of the Angel Brigade as they continue to spread mayhem and mischief across the galaxy. As always, Milfeulle is so scatter-brained that she rarely has a clue to what’s going on but her good luck gets her out of trouble. She’s accompanied by her teammates, the gun-crazy Forte, man-hunting Ranpha, cosplay-obsessed Mint, ever so pious Vanilla and her AI companion Normad.

Vol. 1 will contain the first 8 episodes, 12 minutes each, with English dub & Japanese 2.0 Audio with English subtitles, interactive DVD Menus, and textless opening and ending credits. Vol. 2-4 will feature six 12 minute episodes each.

Spec summary:

Galaxy Angel AA Vol. 1 (of 4)
Released by Bandai Entertainment, Inc.
Episodes 1-8 (12 minutes each)
MSRP: $24.98
Running time: 100 min.
Street Date: June 19th, 2007
Language: English Dub, Japanese audio with subtitles
Extras: Textless Opening and Closing Credits

It would've been nice if Bandai release Galaxy Angel AA in a collection like they did with A. But still it's great that a street date has finally been announced for AA. Now all of those obnoxious "Is it out yet" complaints can finally be put to rest.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Whoo! This be good news!

I original got Galaxy Angel just because I stumbled across that limited set with the figures and the pencil boards cheap... not very long ago I watched all of Z in one sitting (something I've never done for another series), and was planning on doing the same for A today.

I've found GA to be the perfect 'light' anime... despite the short, episodic nature of the show, the characters and stories aren't cliche, repetitive, or boring... if anything, the short episodes make it easy to take in super-small or super large doses. (Plus you don't have to watch it in order... I once showed some friends the last volume of season 1, without having to explain much, and they understood and enjoyed what was going on.

I'll be watching out for the Bandai sale I "feel" coming from Rightstuf to pre-order this!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yay, bring it on. I've really liked the original, Z, and A so I'll definitely check this one out as well. I think I'll wait for those nice sets though so it'll look better on my shelf next to the rest of them.
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning this, Biliano. I only just recently saw Galaxy Angel for the first time, and I was disappointed when I saw that not all of it was available yet.

It's such an oddly fun show. It has no depth, and yet, I can't quite get enough of it. Not to mention it got my husband watching anime again (he was suffering from burn out). Speaking of which, I should probably let him know...
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, will be buying this... I honestly hope the quality of this release will be up to what the previous seasons were, because Bandai hasn't had the greatest track record on releases for me lately...
bci110

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote
In case you're wondering about the English dub, Ocean Studios in Vancouver will dub the series, and from what I heard it will be the same group of actors that worked on the prior Galaxy Angel series. In fact, one of the AoD moderators mentioned that Jocelyne Loewen (the English voice of Milfeulle Sakuraba) said that they were all done recording for AA. So apparently Bandai had the license for quite a while.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
In case you're wondering about the English dub, Ocean Studios in Vancouver will dub the series, and from what I heard it will be the same group of actors that worked on the prior Galaxy Angel series. In fact, one of the AoD moderators mentioned that Jocelyne Loewen (the English voice of Milfeulle Sakuraba) said that they were all done recording for AA. So apparently Bandai had the license for quite a while.

Well that's one smart move for them at Bandai then. The original cast did a great job so I'm glad they got them all back. Nothing like having 3-4 voice casts to euin an otherwise great series :cough cough Oh My Goodess:

If they got AA maybe there's hope they'll also bring over S and Y as well.
Mercury Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
I for one welcome Galaxy Angel AA finally reaching the US. I've only been complaining about not seeing a release date for it since all of 2006. Collection or individual DVDs, I don't care, I just want it, and pay for it I shall!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1