• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! Interview with Director Shotaro Kitamura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:19 pm Reply with quote
The whole beach episode was incredible, but I think if I had to pick an iconic scene, it would be the one where Yanami and Nuk-Kun are on the school roof watching Lemon run on the track below, and it suddenly really hits Yana that she's really been dumped. Cue wind, sun shots, etc.

::::willing the universe to announce a season 2 of this show:::::
benzone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald wrote:
::::willing the universe to announce a season 2 of this show:::::

Has a very good shot if its popularly on MAL (#2 among romcoms, #6 overall in a season with some heavy hitters) is more or less matched in Japan.

I was amazed at how Lemon was clearly the creator's favorite despite not being the co-lead who kicked off the entire plot like Yanami or having the later narrative significance of Komari. A lesser work would have given Himemiya far more sketchy scenes, contrived villain characters or did the "little sister" nonsense but this show avoided all the easy stuff.

However, if there is a season 2, spoiler[it MIGHT have harem or at least love triangle elements as the last episodes seemed to depict Yamani and Komari gaining crushes on the MC, though strangely not Lemon]. If that happens it would be very interesting to see how they develop it, especially considering how the protagonist, spoiler[despite clearly being attracted to girls, prefers being a loner who reads rather read about romances to being in one at this point].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1