• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest, The Elusive Samurai, True Beauty, More Anim

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:49 am Reply with quote
And yet some people are going to think that CR's lineup for Summer 24 is just solid, despite having around 40 simulcasts for each of the last 13 seasons. Pleasing fans is hard.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
lealex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:52 am Reply with quote
Oh thank god, I was afraid 100YQ was going to get Netflix'd.

Last edited by lealex on Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:55 am Reply with quote
Will Grendizer U become Girls Band Cry of this season? We shall see.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:17 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Will Grendizer U become Girls Band Cry of this season? We shall see.

It could be a "Surprise! We are streaming this now!" type of deal, will have to wait and see.
el_morris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I was looking for Elusive Samurai, but I might give Dahlia in Bloom and The Magical Girl and The Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies a chance. That might be all for me this season.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:22 pm Reply with quote
YES! We got Sakuna, Dahlia and Red Cat!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
And yet some people are going to think that CR's lineup for Summer 24 is just solid, despite having around 40 simulcasts for each of the last 13 seasons. Pleasing fans is hard.

There are people claiming that it's a terrible season. Some people just seem to dislike fun.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Happy they picked up Magical Girl/Evil Lieutenant, I think that one will be a hidden gem. I'm curious about Failure Frame, I dropped reading the manga because the protagonist was not very likable and a bit of a jerk, let's see how it translates to the screen.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Really hoping the dub for Fairy Tail remains as consistent as it can, considering its main two cast members have since moved to LA and are in SAG-AFTRA. We've seen reprisals before, but CR always makes me a bit anxious with this.

I know that Kristy Kang (Levy) hasn't done voicework since 2018, and her character in MHA was recast at some point, and Newton Pittman (Gray) seems to only do reprisals in the past five years.
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy that Crunchyroll has licensed the Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest anime and will get an English dub. Now if only they could get all the voice actors back (Todd Haberkorn, Cherami Leigh, Tia Ballard, Newton Pittman, Colleen Cinkenbeard, Brittney Karbowski, Jad Saxton, Brina Palencia, David Wald, Rick Keeling, Kristi Kang, R. Bruce Elliott, etc.) and then finally obtain the license (including the dub) for the Fairy Tail OVAs, I can die a happy man.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:54 pm Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
Really hoping the dub for Fairy Tail remains as consistent as it can, considering its main two cast members have since moved to LA and are in SAG-AFTRA. We've seen reprisals before, but CR always makes me a bit anxious with this.

I know that Kristy Kang (Levy) hasn't done voicework since 2018, and her character in MHA was recast at some point, and Newton Pittman (Gray) seems to only do reprisals in the past five years.

I think the main cast should be fine, Todd has been pretty vocal about being willing to return as Natsu, Cherami similarly loves Lucy so I’d see no reason why she wouldn’t come back. Newton as well, Gray is like his OTHER big role outside of Twice so if he’s still playing Twice I’d see no reason he wouldn’t come back for Gray.
The_Daytona_500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

There are people claiming that it's a terrible season. Some people just seem to dislike fun.

People aren't saying it's a terrible season because of what CR did/didn't pick up, but because there doesn't seem to be a single decent show besides Shoushimin Series, Fairy Tail, Shy, and the half-length Bones show. Maybe 1 of the PA Works shows or Ramen Akaneko could be good too, but that's a really low amount of shows to look forward to.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Hope they confirm Grendizer U by Friday.
flamemasterelan wrote:

Considering they were in LA by the time they recorded for the final season (I believe) I think that will be okay.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:10 pm Reply with quote
VERY HAPPY, about Fairy Tail, was really stressing this past week given how close FT is to premiering, also with Eden’s Zero season 2 likely never getting dubbed it was becoming a very depressing time as a Hiro Mashima fan. Still wish it wasn’t so last minute but it’s whatever. Now just need them to confirm the dub cast will come back which I assume, but won’t relax until that happens.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Just other Aniplex title like Mashle, Nier, Misfit Demon, And Demon Slayer, Elusive Samurai will get english dub but it will arrive later maybe a month or two. Wind Breaker is a special case just like Kaguya-Sama they let CR/FUNI in texas dub it.

Dear Crunchyroll and Aniplex, for the next time, if there's a new anime you should at least let the dub only fans know and confirm it on social media with "English Dub will be released at a later date" and as for Crunchyroll put "ENG Dub Air Date: TBA" on your dub list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2