• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YouTube response to Japan 'not satisfactory'

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 am Reply with quote
A follow up on the story that was posted on ANN a few weeks ago

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&newsid=7954

"We appreciate that they responded by the deadline but consider the response not satisfactory," said Satoshi Watanabe, manager of the transmission rights department at the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers. JASRAC sent the letter on behalf of the other companies and associations.

"As a preventative measure we asked them to display a notice in Japanese warning about uploading copyrighted material," said Watanabe. "They said it's possible but gave no specific date as to when they will do this and as of today there is no information."
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Edit;[ DELETE-repeated post ,same as the one below] Anime smile + sweatdrop sorry about this.

Last edited by KAtchan15 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"The original complaint made in early December came about two months after YouTube deleted almost 30,000 Japanese video clips on receipt of a complaint from rights holders in Japan. However almost immediately after the deletion new clips of TV shows, music videos and movies began appearing again on the site."

In a way we reallt can't blame the japanese for getting mad at youtube, After all artists and anime production companies aren't gaining any profit from the anime that's being watched from youtube. Those artists work very very har to accomplish such animes, and instead American anime licensing compaines
such as ADV,geneon,Media Blasters etc. buying the titles and releasing them, most people just watch it on youtube for free , and therefore the artists that worked hard on these animes are being compensated at all.

Another is that although YouTube may want to stop these new videos,movies,shows amv's. etc from being uploaded again, they probably just can't do anything about it. After all, Youtube has hundreds of members and I guess you just can't block or ban them all, they probably can't even keep track of what's being uploaded to their site, there's thousands of them. I think that some time is needed in order for actions [youtube-if there are any being tried/planned] to take effect. The Japanese will just have to wait and see what other actions will be done by youtube. Anime smile + sweatdrop anyways laterz g2g Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1