• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kujibiki♥Unbalance - Discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TcDohl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
After watching the first episode, I just can't help with comparing the OAV and this series. There are many changes with respect to the character relationships between the two series. There no longer seems to be a "tournament" aspect with "Chihiro's team" automatically being given the student council position. "Chihiro's team" consist of different characters. While Chihiro and Tokino are a given, Renko and Komaki's younger sister Koyuki replace Komaki and Izumi. Another big change is that Tokino is now a childhood friend of Chihiro's. I think these changes were somewhat necessary in order to not see the same old thing that we saw in the OAVs.

Though the only returning VA in the cast is Yuko Goto playing Yamada, they were right to keep her. Pretty much playing the same role she did in the OAVs provides much of the comic relief along with Renko, but I find Renko's new VA pales in comparison against Ikue Otani's manic performance. The rest of the voice cast were good, with another excellent (albeit short so far) performance from one of my favourite VAs, Ami Koshimizu as Ritsuko.

The animation quality so far is good, and there were no issues with the animation itself. The colour palette is rich, and the production values seem good so far.

I've really come to like the opening theme by Saori Atsumi. It reminds me of Dolly Parton, which is a good thing.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
You know, I was actually going to watch this until they announced that they were going to change nearly the entire cast (made up of some of, if not most of my favorite seiyuu) to seiyuu that are mostly relitively or completely unknown. That and the change of the opening theme sealed the deal. The basic outline of the story was explained in the OVAs so I wasn't really looking for any more out of this other than seeing some of my favorite seiyuu preform. Unless I see some kind of significant popularity or praise coming from it, I'm most likely not going to watch any of it.
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 am Reply with quote
I'm jealous. I haven't been able to find this anywhere. I was really looking forward to it too!! Sad

I enjoyed the OVA and was excited when they decided to do a Tv series of it. The character designs look interesting and the President still has her helmet so it cant be all bad. Wink
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I wish they kept how it was before. i liked it that way. in the picutire i didn't see any of my fave people anymore. it doesnt really make sense to me now.

i dont like what i heard but i will still watch to have a better understanding and judgement on the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1