• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
please recomend some more...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laukinisvilkas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:16 am Reply with quote
could anyone recomend me more good anime where is a good STORYand action... something like fantasy, sci-fi,mecha... I watched not many but liked them - fullmetal alchemist(tv and movie), hellsing, trinity blood, final fantasy(advent children and spirits within),S-CRY-ED, berserk, ninja scrool, full metal panic( all of them),Now and Then Here and There, bubblegum crisis (ALL ), macross plus,Princess Mononoke,Record of Lodoss War,Samurai X,Trigun,Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust, DBZ. these in my hard drive and some others in DVD's so please recomend some more good anime Rolling Eyes
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quote
I have one for you, it has a great story, I promise! Elfen Lied is the anime I'm talking about. I've watch most of the titles you listed, and I did like them as well, and also Elfen Lied.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote
You seem to be in the vast vast majority of anime viewers: action shounen. Nothing wrong with that, I'm definitely in that group myself, so here's a few series that might fit your tastes:

Elfen Lied - Like gore? I hope so, it's a brutal brutal show, but underlying it is a pretty good (if depressing) story.

Bleach/Naruto - Both very good shows, fit VERY well into your categories. The ONLY major problem with them is their length (but then again... you watched DBZ, so you'll probably love these shows) and the fillers (avoid them!).

Hunter X Hunter - A medium length show that is more of an adventure shounen than an action shounen, but is easily one of the best in my book. Although it's quite famous among the fansubbing group, it's still highly underrated imo. Among the most realistic character designs I've seen for a shounen.

Twelve Kingdoms - Not really in the action shounen category by any means, but you also DEFINITELY seem to have a thing for fantasy also ( I do too). This show has got to be THE best fantasy... bar none. It's slow to start, but by the end you want to murder the staff for not making it 5x longer at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quote
Since you're open to varying genres, I recommend just starting with the list of the best titles as rated by ANN users.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=best_bayesian&n=200
free2slap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
could anyone recomend me more good anime where is a good STORYand action... something like fantasy, sci-fi,mecha... I watched not many but liked them

i'm having the same problem with you right now because it's hard to find a good anime with a good story nowadays and along that it doesn't drag out. and besides since it's always a comparison with my 2 favorites, FMA and HXH so it's understandable.

hunter x hunter - this anime is the definition of an adventure anime. his story is one of my favorite and it doesn't drag out and besides there is no fillers. the only problem is that the beginning of the anime is really boring and the animation looks old but everything will change gradually. why they call it hunter will be clear to you once you get pass the 26 first episodes since this arc is an introduction to what is yet to come.

last exile - his animation is one the best out there along with the story. this anime differs everything you've seen in any other anime because it is really unique. from the start till the end, the story holds its balance and doesn't drag out and besides it's one of the most popular anime in here.

i recommend these two because i guarantee you that you will definetely be satisfied. and if you have a sense for mature anime then these are yours. besides they hold to be the best story out there.
my list for best story would be: fullmetal alchemist , monster , hunter x hunter , last exile , berserk, trigun and eureka seven.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:32 am Reply with quote
laukinisvilkas wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Please read this and make a better opener, first Rolling Eyes.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1