• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mai-HiME (Kagustuchi emerging)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psycho Sting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else seen the part in Mai-HIme when spoiler[Kagustuchi emerges from the flames followed by the banging of the drums ]that was ze COOLEST anime snene ever.( my own opinion )
That one scene along with its music made a lasting impression on me
So i decided to get the song from this website i know.
It was such a powerfull scene and was so striking
The actual scene lasts about 8 seconds from the start of the drums Banging to the last drum hit.
The start of the song was aloud drum bang followed by a soft bell ring.
the next scene is showing the spoiler[main character who is all scared and stuff,] the music also changes its pace from that point on. I just cant get over it spoiler[when Kagustuchi opens its mouth and all its teeth are showing and steam comes out ]oh soo cooll
Whover did the music for this scene did a really and i mean really good job of producing this fine musical score
and also the whole musical score in Mai-Hime is brilliantly well done
so who else thinks is a really cool scene
you can also discuss other scenes in other anime that you think are really good and are a must see
one other scene is in the first episode of FMP when spoiler[ the arm slave walks right over that girl who is on the ground
oh so cool]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:21 am Reply with quote
Heh, I know exactly what you mean, I don't know how many times I've watched that scene, I love it. Beautifully and perfectly executed. And yes, Kagutsuchi is awesome. Cool So many scenes like this in My-HiME is what made it one of my top 10 favorite anime. Personally, my favorite scene would have to be episode 20 spoiler[when Mai goes berserk. Everything was so perfect about that scene. It has to be one of my favorite scenes out of any anime.]

Music is by Yuki Kajiura, one of the most well known anime music composers. My-HiME also has my favorite soundtrack out of any anime too.
Exaar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote
That is a good scene, although my personal favorite scene from the anime is in episode 21, when spoiler[Shizuru first reveals she is a HiME and calls Kyohime out from the ground to deal with Nao. Shizuru = So Badass. Smile]
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Personally, I thought Mai Otome had better cooler scenes than Mai Hime. spoiler[I loved the way they would show matrix effects on the legs of Arika after slicing through the opponent. Also, in that same scene they would show her, somewhat showing off, by passing her opponent, and not even facing it while it was being destroyed.]
As an added note, both Mai Hime and Mai Otome really pick on the action after halfway through the series. So watch it, and don't get bored and stop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
edup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
This is the best anime ever, I mean it has everything you ask in an anime serie, Drama, comedy, action, It has the best Sound track ever I love it, and the graphics are great, this is the best anime ever for me thats it nothing more to say, I would Recommend it to everyone!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Yes Yuki Kajiura rules in all the stuff that she's composed for and My HIME is no exception. She also did excellent work on .hack//SIGN, Madlax, Noir, and Portrait of Petite Cossete just to name a few.

I'm currently watching the series through the DVDs and it's quite good. Kagusuchi is indeed quite awesome and I just think Mai's powers in general are pretty cool and original as well. Then again I tend to love characters with fire based powers though, Robin from Witch Hunter Robin, Karen Kasumi from X, etc.
Exaar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
People watching the DVDs should keep watching. The show completely takes a left turn with episode 16, and becomes a hundred times more awesome in the final act. Wink But I won't spoil!

Mai Otome had awesome scenes as well. However, I think Mai HiME wins out, plotwise. Mai Otome has awesome world building... the whole world they created that it takes place in is fascinating and I would love to see more done with it, but the actual plot and the characters were just not as well-done as Mai HiME, in my opinion. It was still a great series, though.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
yes, that is indeed a great scene. I also loved when spoiler[they were on the ferry and Mikoto sliced the ship in half with her miroku sword. Just how it made that sort-of black-hole-like orb and then the next thing you know, WHAM! the ferry is in two-halves. ]

I especially liked Nao's powers, spoiler[those retractable claws and spider-web-like extensions that can both act as grappling hooks and have the ability to slice through steel.] I hoping we see more of her in action (I'm wacthing it by Dub-releases).

I didn't think I would enjoy this show, but I am sure glad I gave it a Netflixin', fun and zaney but at the same time action-packed and dramatic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1