• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trigun Maximum

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:59 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to start a post on the most interesting manga I have been reading lately. I was interested in knowing how many other people have been reading it. The story is so different and so much better than the anime (Since the show was made while the manga was still being created).

I have currently read up to Vol 6, which was just fantastic. This is a really interesting development in the manga and those who have read it know what I am talking about.

Also has people seen the 6 figures they released. There huge and they look really sweet. Theres Vash, Wolfwood, Zazi, Legato, Midvalley, and Radai.

So just interested in hearing peoples thoughts and get a discussion going on the story, characters, etc.
evilmouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
Hullo! I have read all the manga up through #11 and am pretty Trigun obsessed. I like the story and it does keep getting better after #6 but a lot of bad crap goes down too.

And I *love* those figures. I was disappointed at Otakon everyone sold out of Wolfwood quickly. Sad Time to ebay it I guess.
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:08 am Reply with quote
I know what ya mean. I can't find Wolfwood or Radai. I would think Legato would of sold out since he looks pretty good.

You have read that far? Must be buying Japanese ones or downloading fan translated ones. Well volume #6 goes right before they are going to talk specifically about Vash's and Knives past and Knives just found out if he and Vash keeps using their ability (Which by the way is a lot better than then anime, but what in the manga isn't.) that he will die when his hair turns completely black.

I know what will add a little boost to this thread, whose your favorite Gung-Ho Gun. Mine has to be Midvalley the Hornfreak. Using sound he can kill people, silence and entire room for a sneak attack, saxophone can turn into a gun. Also I liked how he was forced to be a Gung-Ho Gun and tried everything to get out, almost attempted to kill Knives, attempted to kill Legato, kinda killed Zazie the Beast. It was shame Legato killed him and it was quite the violent death too. He was probably the most normal and level headed member of the Gung-Ho Guns other than Wolfwood.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
My favorite Gung Ho Gun is a three way tie between Zazie the Beast, Midvalley the Hornfreak, and Wolfwood/Chapel.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Trigun Maximum is probably my favorite manga series. It's leaps and bounds over the anime series. I always look forward to the next volume with great anticipation.

Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
I know what will add a little boost to this thread, whose your favorite Gung-Ho Gun. Mine has to be Midvalley the Hornfreak. Using sound he can kill people, silence and entire room for a sneak attack, saxophone can turn into a gun. Also I liked how he was forced to be a Gung-Ho Gun and tried everything to get out, almost attempted to kill Knives, attempted to kill Legato, kinda killed Zazie the Beast. It was shame Legato killed him and it was quite the violent death too. He was probably the most normal and level headed member of the Gung-Ho Guns other than Wolfwood.

Midvalley is my favorite, too. The man has style, using his sax as a weapon. Also, yeah, the self-preservation aspect of his personality and his hatred of Knives and Legato made him one of the most "normal" of the group. He's a human, he sees himself as human, and he sees both Vash and Knives as threats to humankind. It makes sense.

Unfortunately for ol' Midvalley, Legato can read minds.

I have a Midvalley "Action!" figurine that I bought at Otakon this year. It's all kinds of awesome. It stands on my dresser.

Midvalley the Hornfreak wrote:
Not really interested, huh. You killing maniacs. But consider this. Our target--him--he's already defeated three of us. Considering that huge hole in the moon, there can be no question that Lost July was his work, too. Do you understand? He's a monster. Or rather, he seems to be one of our employer Knives' race, so perhaps I should say, they are monsters. We humans have to protect ourselves from this nightmare, don't we? In other words... I've had enough of being controlled by a madman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:37 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I ask, if anyone is willing to answer my question: How long is the Trigun manga? Is it over yet and what chapter is it up to?

It's still going in, and I think it's on Chapter 87, or thereabouts, in Young King Ours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1