• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
I think it's clear that the latest anime that would be worthy of a masterpiece rating that was excellent was Monster which came out last yr. What new anime do you feel can do that this yr,a title that in a few years will be remembered as something you can't miss.
Neclord516

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I would have to go with Bleach. I love the action and characters. Chad is one of the sweetest characters in recent animes. Every week I can't wait for the next installment of Bleach to come out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Arkard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I think the new Hellsing OAVs may make it.
Hellsing was a one time big hit when the TV series wasnt all that. Now with the OAVs it can really roll in new fans.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I would have to agree with Bleach as well...

However... this is gonna probably end up being looked at as a "listing" thread because I dont know what else to say to make this a non listing thread... I'm just agreeing with Bleach because thats the most talked about anime (of this year)...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Neclord516 wrote:
I would have to go with Bleach. I love the action and characters. Chad is one of the sweetest characters in recent animes. Every week I can't wait for the next installment of Bleach to come out.

You DO realise this thread is about what shows you think will be big hits in the near future, and not just your personal favourites, right?

Nirvana wrote:
Yes, I would have to agree with Bleach as well...

However... this is gonna probably end up being looked at as a "listing" thread because I don't know what else to say to make this a non listing thread... I'm just agreeing with Bleach because thats the most talked about anime (of this year)...

So...instead of pointlessly foretelling the doom of a nonoffensive thread, why not put in the little extra thought to bother putting in your own two cents? Neutral By making a post like the one above, all you're doing is pushing a thread that might otherwise work out deliberately into lock territory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote
balla wrote:
I think it's clear that the latest anime that would be worthy of a masterpiece rating that was excellent was Monster which came out last yr.

Completely agree with you on that, Monster which is still airing, is by far the best series I have ever seen.

Moving on to this years, I have only seen trinity blood and speed grapher. But since these shows were licensed very early, I have not yet had the chance to see how these shows developed. Speed grapher looked like it had a chance to be a very good show, but then again it extremely hard for me to rate anything when compare next to monster. I am looking forward to what funimation (at least I think it) is going to do with these two series when they are released. I was somewhat happy that these show were licensed before I really got involved into the storylines, because then I would of been pissed that I would have to wait forever to find out what happens next.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1