• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hmm is this bad? [Lots of anime watched]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Decided to join up and go through every anime on this site and drop ratings/add them to my lists....

It turns out I have seen 141 anime series/movies in total... To be honest I find that quite scary.

I'm a new poster here, just signed up today - So hi everyone!

Also if this post is in the wrong place I humbly apologise - Please somebody tell me I'm perfectly normal for watching that many (even though I know I'm not it'd be nice to know there was other nutters like me out there! lol)

peace

[EDIT: Removed the ambiguity from your title. -TK]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Eh, you get used to it. I have about 4 times that after about 13 years of anime watching. I'm pretty sure that there's people on here who've watched more than my 800 something titles too.

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I'm quite new to this... I've always watched anime on my own - Don't acctually know anyone in real life that likes it.... Everyone here is too addicted to western entertainment.... Guess I just thought I'd see where I stand on the anime viewing scale! Bet I still have a long way to go Smile
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
What time frame are we talking here? If it's 141 over a span of a couple months, then yea, that's bad because you probably aren't sleeping. 141 over a year or so then no, that's perfectly alright. For reference, since August of 2008 I've seen 260 different titles, but actually finished 243.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
As the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day." Any hobby takes a bit of time and dedication.

Quote:
What time frame are we talking here? If it's 141 over a span of a couple months, then yea, that's bad because you probably aren't sleeping. 141 over a year or so then no, that's perfectly alright. For reference, since August of 2008 I've seen 260 different titles, but actually finished 243.

My average now, is about 50-60 per year I think. Sometimes it depends on how many good titles come out that year.
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Over the space of about 2 or 3 years for me - But then again that list includes:

One piece (twice through), naruto, bleach, yuyu hakusho, d gray man, full metal alchemist, dragonball, dragonball Z, hajime no ippo, inuyasha, monster and ranma 1/2....Which to be honest are quite long Embarassed
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Wait, how do you go through One Piece twice? It's still on-going.

Kruzer wrote:
My average now, is about 50-60 per year I think. Sometimes it depends on how many good titles come out that year.

To be honest, about 180 of those are from my first year where I was still "ZOMG ANIME IS DA BOMB". I think I've only gone through about 40-50 this year, although I did have a 4 month burn-out, so it's still a good bit.

Yea once I stopped watching fansubs and only watched what I bought or streamed occasionally, my viewing habits changed dramatically. I used to get through 5-7 series a week since I had it set up so I finished 12-13 episode series in a day and 24-26 in two days; OVAs would be watched stacked on with other OVAs. Now I get through 2-3 series a week, sometimes only one if I'm entranced by something else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Ok couple of questions seen as I'm a newbie - Sorry to be naive Smile

1. How does one display ones list of animes at the bottom of forum posts?

2. I've read that streaming media is against the rules - But does this include soundtrack links, on youtube for example?
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I get this question a lot and my only answer is: it depends. Are you still sociable? Can you walk into a store and look the manager in the eye and talk to them? I know several people who have seen like 30 anime and call me a loser for watching anime (only person who knows). The ironic part is that same guy wastes his life on video games and doesn't know how to talk to people.

If you can still hold an interesting conversation with people about something other than anime, you're cool with me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Wait, how do you go through One Piece twice? It's still on-going.

Kruzer wrote:

To be honest, about 180 of those are from my first year where I was still "ZOMG ANIME IS DA BOMB". I think I've only gone through about 40-50 this year, although I did have a 4 month burn-out, so it's still a good bit.

Yea once I stopped watching fansubs and only watched what I bought or streamed occasionally, my viewing habits changed dramatically. I used to get through 5-7 series a week since I had it set up so I finished 12-13 episode series in a day and 24-26 in two days; OVAs would be watched stacked on with other OVAs. Now I get through 2-3 series a week, sometimes only one if I'm entranced by something else.

For the heck of it I went and checked this year's stuff and this year I will end up watching roughly 85-95 titles. Mostly this is due to Netflix which I started using this year.

Quote:

2. I've read that streaming media is against the rules - But does this include soundtrack links, on youtube for example?

1. In the My Anime Section click on "Customize my Categories" find the list you want to make public and edit it. Making it public is one of the options there.

2. While posting links to streaming illegal media is not allowed, you can however, post links to streaming legal media. There's a lot of legal streaming anime put out there for free by the respective companies such as here in the video section, Crunchyroll.com, or Funimation.com and it's Youtube channel. There also aren't any issues with posting AMVs either. I'm not sure about posting strait up songs from youtube unless you're trying to get it identified in the music section.

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
jaced wrote:
Ok couple of questions seen as I'm a newbie - Sorry to be naive Smile

You can't. That - or any other kind of signature - is against the rules 'round these here parts.

Quote:

It depends on what exactly you're talking about. Links to official, licensed streaming video and soundtracks are fine. Links to sites that stream unlicensed fare generally aren't, and links to fansubs and pirated fare are definite no-nos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Testing to see if edits bump posts =) Still new on this forum

Last edited by jaced on Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply key.

I meant the links at the bottom of posts. For example mine says:

{profile} {pm}

Yours says:

{profile} {pm} {email} {www} {my anime} {my manga}

How do I set it to show mine?

-----

As for links I will use the example of "sarutobi" from the naruto soundtrack. Would posting a link to a youtube hosted version of the soundtrack, be against the rules?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
If you look above Keys post there mine will tell you how to do that.
jaced

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Ah awesome thanks - Not concentrating tonight! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2