• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kite??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dozi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I am interested in this anime but am not so sure of its content. I saw in an other post that it has explicit sex scenes in it. I was planing on buying this anime but know im not so sure. I don't enjoy watching anime that has hentai scenes in it. So can you please help me on this one.

THANKS.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Yes it does have some explicit sex scenes + rape, but as I recall there were only 2 sex scenes in it, but it's been a long time since I saw it, so I'm not 100% certain of that.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Kite was published by two of Media Blasters' companies in two versions. (Click on the blue Hotspots for ANN's release information)

The original Kite was released under the Anime Works label and was cut down to 45 Minutes. Basically, this is the more lite version of the anime, and while there probably is some nudity, the extreme sex scenes are not on this version.

The Director's Cut / Special Edition / Uncut Version of Kite was released under the Kitty Media label and extended to its full 60-minute format. If you get this version, you will have all the original extreme sex scenes.

If you want to get the original cut version of Kite, you can go to the Media Blasters website and search for Kite. (Their main site did not come up with the Kitty Media uncut versions -- only the original cut.)

Media Blasters will redirect you to rareflix.com if you want to use their website to purchase the original Kite.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quote
And above and beyond the sex scenes, there really isn't that great of a story behind Kite, either. I bought it on a whim and have only watched it once so far. To me, it seemed like it was another one of those, "Ooooo, look how artsy I am" animes. In my opinion, go buy something else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:59 am Reply with quote
well, i have the edited version which you only see, only 2 seconds of tits, she stands up and says "beside i look cuter with pencil then a gun, dont you think?" and thats it.

every one says you need the uncut versions to understand the story and what happend in the past, but you dont. you see enought scenes of a flash back sort of thing to get the idea.

there is apperntly a scne where Oberie spoiler[is forced to watch Sawa and....whats his face....have sex]

but you dont need to see the scene to know what happened.

the only downside to it is that its short. Crying or Very sad

like i saud in another topic this thread has been done (more about mezzo, but morphed into a kite thread)

This is the dvd i have.

and this is the old thread.[/url]
jfrog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I saw the unedited version of Kite. It's pure exploitation. Get it if you're the kind of person who enjoys movies like The Candy Snatchers and They Call Her One Eye, but otherwise it's not worth bothering with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Sex scene pretty disturbing and not done in a tasteful way.
But then again, it fit the nature of the show.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I did think that the story was lacking, but that is usually a problem of the amount of time telling the story. For what was there, I thought it was a good story.

But, with a 90-minute format (with 20 or so minutes edited out for the cut version), the creators might have been able to give us more of the romantic setup between the two young assassins and perhaps some more drama or flashbacks to flesh out the story a little more.

IMHO, if you want a better, more filled-out (and more interesting) story about a pair of assassins, you should probably pass this up and consider Noir instead.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Kite is a good anime if you're into the more darker side of story telling. I agree with what someone said earlier, you can watch the edited version and still understand what you're missing in the missing 15 minutes. The graphics and animation are really good, so that tied in with a dark tale of murder and assassination, it's worth at least one viewing... Heck, it's not even that long of an anime.

And if you still like Kite after watching it, you might want to check out Mezzo Forte... I think it went into directions Kite couldn't possibly due at the time of its release.
Red Recluse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quote
Actually, Dozi, I really enjoyed Kite; it seems I'm in the minority, though! I do agree with everyone else that if you don't like harsher varieties of anime, you probably won't like Kite. It's a very stark and gritty feature; and if anything, I found the fight scenes entertaining.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:20 am Reply with quote
I am with you RED. I love kite, i dont see why people dont like it. i thought it was entertainging and very sad at the end...spoiler[when Oberi get shot and Sawa is with the cats waiting for him.]

i am a little confused though......who recruted that other person? is there a sequal to kite?
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:31 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
i am a little confused though......who recruted that other person? is there a sequal to kite?

spoiler[Akai most likely trained her as well, and was probably ordered to tie up the loose ends in case something went wrong and Akai was killed.]

But, given the above, maybe there is going to be a continuation of that loose thread somewhere.

Also, if you liked Kite, you'll probably want to check out Mezzo Forte and Mezzo (the TV series), both created by the Director of Kite.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Glory Questor wrote:

Also, if you liked Kite, you'll probably want to check out Mezzo Forte and Mezzo (the TV series), both created by the Director of Kite.

Yeah i've known about mezzo for a while, i just gotta get around to ordering it.
Lupin_333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I read somewhere that the guy who directed "The Fast and the Furious" is doing a live-action Kite.

Gouge my eyes out please. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Lupin_333 wrote:
I read somewhere that the guy who directed "The Fast and the Furious" is doing a live-action Kite.

Gouge my eyes out please. Wink

great....i, personnaly, dont like anime being turned into live action movies.... actors suck. they, all actors/ess say a line really stupid. thats why anime is better; no bad actors, only voices Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2