• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Petit Eva Super-Deformed Series to Be Made into Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda curious about this. I'm going to have to check it out when the first subbed ep comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Good god no.Just NO.This is just plain beating a dead horse. Sad
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I guess they gotta get in on the moe school girls bizarre-o anime train while they can huh? The designs are cute and colorful...but I don't eat hamburgers made from the Eva cash cow.
Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote
I'm both disgusted and intrigued at the same time. :lol:
Swissman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:04 am Reply with quote
I suppose this will be Bandai's "Mini-Eva" version like the Mini-Pato one a few years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, okay... I'm kinda interested, but at the same time, I'd just as soon not see this at all.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Yeah...I think this will be a disaster like SD gundam. I love eva but seeing it get streched out like this makes it lose its classic greatness status.

edit for spelling!

Last edited by Viga_of_stars on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quote
*Starts counting until the stage-musical*
Seriously, why can't otaku just let Eva die? Even if it was as great as some people make it out to be it doesn't warrant all this crap...
Proman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Is that a sound of milk drops I'm hearing? Gainax is so busy milking the franchise that they are spilling most of the milk.

What a waste Wink .

Still, I am strangely interested by this project... Principal Gendo, huh?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I like how half the people in this thread have nothing original to say about Evangelion besides, "LOL, DEAD HORSE, MILKED COW, LOLOLOL."

Please, spare us your biting wit, as nobody could possibly withstand such new and creative criticisms of Evangelion. You'll scare off all the lurkers.

Every thread having to do with an Evangelion product is exactly the same as the next.

Anyway, I hope this is somewhat like the original Gundan SD or Mini-Pato, as they are quite humorous. It seems like this is being made as a light-hearted attempt to spoof and parody Evangelion their own way, and not just an extention of the program that people need to take seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Swissman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
*Starts counting until the stage-musical*
Seriously, why can't otaku just let Eva die? Even if it was as great as some people make it out to be it doesn't warrant all this crap...

Let the japanese decide for themselves if they want more of Evangelion in whatever form (theatrical movie, spin-off, spoof, ect.). If Anno & co. decide that Evangelion still has something meaningful to say about today's japanese society, then so be it. It's not that Gainax forces western fans to watch any of Evangelion's subsequent incarnations nor buying related merchandise by putting a gun to their heads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I like how half the people in this thread have nothing original to say about Evangelion besides, "LOL, DEAD HORSE, MILKED COW, LOLOLOL."

Please, spare us your biting wit, as nobody could possibly withstand such new and creative criticisms of Evangelion. You'll scare off all the lurkers.

Every thread having to do with an Evangelion product is exactly the same as the next.

Well people are sick of seeing most of NGE's material that is coming out.While i believe in captialism there is a line to be drawn.They stepped over the line a long time ago.If you do not like what people have to say then you can choose to not read the thread or not respond to them.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Well people are sick of seeing most of NGE's material that is coming out.While i believe in captialism there is a line to be drawn.They stepped over the line a long time ago.If you do not like what people have to say then you can choose to not read the thread or not respond to them.

NO, the lack of creativity in the Eva-bashing just shows how everyone is just echoing what everyone else says, and most of the people just jump on the hate bandwagon because it's the "in" thing to do.

What's next? An LCL joke, maybe? A comatose girls joke? Oh, what about a "they just threw in relgious symbols for nothing" accusation? OH SO FUNNY.

Nobody's even seen this new Evangelion production. Yes, they've extended the marketing for Evangelion to absurd lengths, but they would do that with anything they could get away with doing it for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Yes, they've extended the marketing for Evangelion to absurd lengths, but they would do that with anything they could get away with doing it for.

I don't know if you realized it, but this is among biggest criticisms that anyone has posted in this thread, and, ironically seems to some up exactly the feelings of people who feel that creators value money more than anything else and would produce anything as long as they know it would sell.

For the record, I have nothing against the spinoffs and am planning to watch them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2