• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Namco Teases New Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Raging Blast, Burst Limit, and Xenoverse are all poor, lesser imitations that tried to change what was never broken.

The last two were never meant to be Tenkaichi since they were by the original Budokai developers.

Raging Blast 1-2, Tenkaichi Tag Team & especially Ultimate Tenkaichi fits this description since they were also by Spike and they were trash.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:52 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Raging Blast, Burst Limit, and Xenoverse are all poor, lesser imitations that tried to change what was never broken.

The last two were never meant to be Tenkaichi since they were by the original Budokai developers.

Raging Blast 1-2, Tenkaichi Tag Team & especially Ultimate Tenkaichi fits this description since they were also by Spike and they were trash.

It seems my memory failed me; I got mixed up on which game Burst Limit was. So I stand corrected on that one.

I still stand by putting Xenoverse on that list though; it's an arena fighter with similar controls as the baseline. But because the game is an MMO-Lite, it's a janky, limiting, and overall very unpolished experience.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:45 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I still stand by putting Xenoverse on that list though; it's an arena fighter with similar controls as the baseline. But because the game is an MMO-Lite, it's a janky, limiting, and overall very unpolished experience.

Seems contradictory to piss on the game for a problem that the Sparking games had in equal measure.

TranceLimit174 wrote:
What makes this series so special is its strong universal mechanics, the surprising technical depth, and all while to this day being unrivaled as the most accurate "Dragon Ball Simulator" ever made.

What does this even mean?

Especially when the English version of 3 took out all of the classic music.

TranceLimit174 wrote:
No one cared about "balance" in the sense that we think of today because the imbalance was true to the series.

Except the problem with this is people have shat on the characters in series for being overpowered and broken and how this impacts characters not named Goku & Vegeta.

So the idea no one cared about balance in these games which is mentioned as a pro & con whenever the series is mentioned in passing is not true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2