• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Light Novels Get Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
Eh, movie isn't ideal since it'll be a long time before I can watch it, but at least it's a new animated work. Hopefully it doesn't end up being a compilation film. Doing Reminiscence makes the most sense.
LightningShadow55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 am Reply with quote
I hope this leads to a 2 and 3 season.
XLord31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Aniplex brings the movie overseas for a limited screening a few months after its released.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Won't happen. They're under the impression that the English fandom hates this series. That's why they didn't dub it.
shuusei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Won't happen. They're under the impression that the English fandom hates this series. That's why they didn't dub it.

That doesn't mean anything. All of their movies, dubbed or subbed, have had US screenings within months of the Japanese run.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
I was hopeing for a second season but a movie is good as well especially if it's going to be a telling of The Reminisce Arc. I'm just happy more content is getting put out.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Pfft, lame. Would've definitely preferred a 2nd season instead.

Calculus20 wrote:
The legend part is pretty much confirming they're adapting the Reminiscence arc which tells of how Tatsuya became so legendary. It's basically a flashback but important for fleshing out the characters especially Tatsuya.

Have to say though that sounds kind of interesting. I hope they do that then.
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to get more of the series though I'm disappointed its just a movie.
Olaole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I am seriously angry right now. This piece of fascist, nationalistic self-insert glorification for lonely NEETs has been one of the worst fictional works I have ever read and its popularity imho explains why people like Trump can have a chance in elections. This should not exist.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
If Season 2 happens after this, I can hold on a bit longer.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Olaole wrote:
I am seriously angry right now. This piece of fascist, nationalistic self-insert glorification for lonely NEETs has been one of the worst fictional works I have ever read and its popularity imho explains why people like Trump can have a chance in elections. This should not exist.

I'd say people's tendency to spout out and believe false accusations without knowing what they're talking about is the reason for Trump's success.

Yes, the Great Asian Alliance is a recurring antagonist, but the show is also constantly pointing out how inhumane and unethical Japanese mage development is. There's plenty of Japanese doing bad things to other Japanese on display here.

Tatsuya may seem like a self insert at first, but as more is revealed about him you realize how much his life sucks and you don't want to be him. Even SAO's author realizes this and says it's more about trying to top Tatsuya so you can win Miyuki away.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:25 pm Reply with quote
This better be new content and not some lame recap movie of the series or I'm going to be real disappointed.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I'd say people's tendency to spout out and believe false accusations without knowing what they're talking about is the reason for Trump's success.

Yes, the Great Asian Alliance is a recurring antagonist, but the show is also constantly pointing out how inhumane and unethical Japanese mage development is. There's plenty of Japanese doing bad things to other Japanese on display here.

Tatsuya may seem like a self insert at first, but as more is revealed about him you realize how much his life sucks and you don't want to be him. Even SAO's author realizes this and says it's more about trying to top Tatsuya so you can win Miyuki away.

I got over the Great Asia Alliance ( again, "China" in the web version) part pretty quickly when volume 9 to 11 comes out (USNA transfer student arc), after the painful and rough reading experience I got from reading vol 7 and 8 (both web and LN version), admittedly that transfer student arc is when I consider this a fair game for everyone.

Not to mention in the latest arc (volume 17 to 19), USNA becomes the big bad again...

It's really a matter of rotations in terms of villians in Mahouka universe, personally I can get over it, understandably it's a tall order for some. But in the end, it is just a fictional work, no need to get uncomfortable as you know almost nothing happens in the novel mirrors to the real events.
ssj1236

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Either way more ONII-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
understandably it's a tall order for some.

Sure, I get it (in theory, anyways, since Canada is never the villain in anything) but to accuse Mahouka of glorifying Japan and portraying it as squeaky clean is outright false. The Japanese, Tatsuya included, can be pretty nasty too.

Now if we were talking about GATE....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3