• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DBZ: Resurrection 'F' Film's Battle Ad Features Blue-Haired Goku

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Hah, people are so bitter, as if they didn't know this was going to happen. Andeven more funnier because they don't even read.

It's not a new transformation, it's the same but powered-up by the God state (which wasn't exactly a transformation either, it was just Goku receiving a lot of power from others). I actually like it but if the gi was red instead of orange it would combine better. In fact, I will like anything that doesn't look like SSJ4. God was that awful.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:
In fact, I will like anything that doesn't look like SSJ4. God was that awful.

I am ok with blue hair too,++But SSJ4 was BEAST!! He looked so powerful, so intimidating! Its my favorite goku transformation matched only by SSJ3.

What is there not to like of SSJ4?? NOTHING!!
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
Valhern wrote:

I am ok with blue hair too,++But SSJ4 was BEAST!! He looked so powerful, so intimidating! Its my favorite goku transformation matched only by SSJ3.

That's 'cos everyone pretends GT's never existed. In all seriousness though, even with SSJ3, this is a step back. It was red in the last movie, now blue.

What colour will Goku's hair be in the next movie? I'm taking all bets!
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Save for the beginning with the comedic adventures trying to emulate more or less dragon ball, GT was perfectly fine once it got serious.

SSJ4 was well thought and well designed.

Last edited by Madoka...AYUKAWA! on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Wait, are people seriously upset about this?

They weren't upset about Bardock becoming a time traveling Super Saiyan, but Goku with blue hair is where they draw the line?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Goku, to me, is cooler with his dark or golden hair.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Goku, to me, is cooler with his dark or golden hair.

Dark if its SSJ4 like, golden definitely, there is nothing like classic SSJ.

I would have liked black medium length hair better, exactly like SSJ4.

But I find this blue color at least better than god version of the past movie, he looked too plain, almost like that BS Gohan that did not need to go SSJ anymore in the buu saga. Now that was pure BS to me(Gohan not needing SSJ after his traning)

Toriyama should forget his pride and use a movie to make SSJ4 canon even if not his design, Goku has never looked the coolest, again only matched by SSJ3.

Such badass intimidating look!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Instead of Hatsune Miku, should've been rocking the Superman blue! Laughing

bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
Valhern wrote:

"Looked" being the key word.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:27 am Reply with quote
This movie going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the classic Goku fighting Frieza. DBZ will never die. I hope Goku's hair turns pink next. That way it can truly piss off the haters.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
But I find this blue color at least better than god version of the past movie, he looked too plain, almost like that BS Gohan that did not need to go SSJ anymore in the buu saga.

Which was the entire point. It's the exact same logic as the small, unformidable-looking Vegeta being far stronger than the more imposing Nappa, Freeza's final form being by far his most simple-looking one and so on. A completely unsuspicious-looking design that conceals incredible power. Or heck, Toriyama even did this in the Cell-arc with the regular Super Saiyan turning out to be overall more useful than the more buff variations Vegeta and Trunks unlocked. Granted, he then completely ruined that concept by having Gohan later attain Super Saiyan 2 which was both faster and stronger than regular Super Saiyan... Maybe that's why this new transformation doesn't sit right with me. It would be nice to see something other than just "Hero is losing but then he gets a sudden powerup that allows him to win" that we've seen a thousand times before. Well... That and I was hoping to see Vegeta be the one to defeat Freeza, and this new development makes it seem pretty unlikely that this will be the case.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:

I kind of have to agree. I appreciate their attempt to go with a more original design and concept for SSJ4, but I just didn't like it all of that much. Although that's quite honestly how I feel about GT's designs altogether.
MechaManX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
So... I guess this means Goku WILL be getting the spotlight as the hero again, and not Vegeta's turn to step up and finally have his climatic bout with his life-time rival that ended his future empire and basically enslaved him as a kid..... whooooopeee....
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I would love to know how much Zeni Goku spends at the salon each month to keep changing his hair color without it all falling out from over coloring heh.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
MechaManX wrote:
So... I guess this means Goku WILL be getting the spotlight as the hero again, and not Vegeta's turn to step up and finally have his climatic bout with his life-time rival that ended his future empire and basically enslaved him as a kid..... whooooopeee....

I think you've been watching too much of the English-dubbed version of DBZ. Vegeta didn't care about his people being wiped out. He was angrier that he, personally, was being used by the person who wiped them out. It was more about avenging the pride of the Saiyans (and specifically his own) rather than their actual lives.

Anyway, Toriyama never made any promises that Vegeta would be the hero of the movie. He made an offhanded comment on how neat it would be if maybe Vegeta was the hero of a film. But people blew it out of proportion as him guaranteeing Vegeta would be the one to defeat Freeza.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3