• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Limited Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I pray (and threaten if not) that P5 will be on the PS3. More so, that it doesn't take the popular trend of jumping ship/going multiplatform. I'm not a big handheld guy (in fact, haven't touched one since Pokemon Saphire), so I'd hate to see it released on PSP. Seeing an HD Persona would be amazing (not to mention the previous ones were made for consoles first). For what it's worth, I loved the story and characters in P3, kinda wish that P4 had an overall darker tone. It improved on characters, execution, and gameplay, and despite being a murder/mystery didn't have too much of an oppressive feel. Regardless, I love both of them to death and hope P5 will improve on them.
ani12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Luminous Arc 3? Awesome! I've played the first two(and enjoyed the second one more ^^; ), so I hope they make it just as good as that one, and that it gets picked up like the first two games.

I hope they
1) Let all of your characters share items like in Luminous Arc 1
2) Be able to carry ALL usable items in to battle, not just two(this REALLY annoyed me in LA2 )
And 3) Debug it longer than they did with LA1 ^^;
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
No comment on KoF, since I'm not a fan, nor will I ever be one.

Turns out Belvadeer is not such the guy. Shocked
RedLeader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Now I'm curious to the 'Devilman' game that 'Miyamoto' was involved in.

It's not a Devilman game, it's just a game with a cartoon devil in it. :p And I don't remember all the details, but I believe it was basically a Pac-Man clone where the twist was that the Devil would force the screen to scroll in a certain direction every minute or so and if you got caught in the scroll, you'd die. :p

As far as naked harpies, Konami didn't get into "undetailed" nude sprites until the SNES era and beyond. Though, Haunted Castle's harpies DID have nipples, I don't actually remember there being any other harpies at all in ANY of the early Castlevanias. Not until Symphony, I don't think. Ys III for the SNES had nippleless harpies, though.[/quote]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
Ah I see. I'll have to look around for that game. But I doubt there are any uploads anywhere.

Yep, that's true.

To be honest the only naked harpies that you see are in 'Castlevania'. But of course in the days of old if it was allowed they'd have to be clothed. Then of course there's the succubi. But yeah, sprites have come a long way. Of course it matters not to game developers of Japan.
toddc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
It's not a Devilman game, it's just a game with a cartoon devil in it. :p And I don't remember all the details, but I believe it was basically a Pac-Man clone where the twist was that the Devil would force the screen to scroll in a certain direction every minute or so and if you got caught in the scroll, you'd die. :p

That's Devil World, which was mentioned in the article. It's a jerky little maze game where you grab crosses for power-ups, and it's definitely one of Miyamoto's stranger NES creations.
sfried

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Namco USA is considering publishing Game Center CX2 in the U.S.

Where did you get this news? Where? I need my Haggle Man...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
belvadeer wrote:
No comment on KoF, since I'm not a fan, nor will I ever be one.

Turns out Belvadeer is not such the guy. Shocked

O_o You guys are seriously strange. Why is my not liking KoF suddenly sparking these comments?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2