• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
but this sounds like whacky romcom with Lovecraft dressing. Maybe it will develop further? I'll check out the essays Mad_Scientist linked to. Edit: Those links seem to be broken.

Weird, working fine for me, and Yupa seemed to have no trouble either. Maybe crunchyroll was down for a bit?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Heh, how did I know Mistress Dongs would give Upotte!! a high mark? She has some points about the detailed aspects of the guns, but man I just can't get passed the creepy in-shadow-faced teacher. Rolling Eyes

I'll focus on a different point of your post...

a 3 is a high mark?? Confused

Well, just think in relative terms. Rebecca Silverman gave it a 0 and it made Zac Bertschy's head explode. In comparison to that, 3 is looking pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
not gonna make anything of it, but all a "60% rating (hey, it'd be "fresh rating" by RT's standards) really says is what I already know. It's nothing great, but some people can stand it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

Strictly speaking, its average.

I doubt I'd even give Upotte a 3. Maybe a 2 at most.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

it's purely guilty pleasure for me so even i where to review it i wouldn't be able to rate it, eh so how is everyone else doing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

it's purely guilty pleasure for me so even i where to review it i wouldn't be able to rate it, eh so how is everyone else doing?

I gave it a 3 myself Here Yes I have to give some shameless self promotion now and then.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

I gave it a 3 myself Here Yes I have to give some shameless self promotion now and then.

Why does your blog name mean, roughly, "is not a blog"?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Heh, how did I know Mistress Dongs would give Upotte!! a high mark? She has some points about the detailed aspects of the guns, but man I just can't get passed the creepy in-shadow-faced teacher. Rolling Eyes

Call her 'Mistress Dongs' one more time and I'll permaban you.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

Why does your blog name mean, roughly, "is not a blog"?

I am not the person running the site so I do not know why. I know this is off post so that is all I will say about that here. I can always talk about it in PM's though.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
[

huh not to bad bro nice site but the problem is once i get to invested into series or like it a certain way then I form a bias which makes me unable to fair review but this is just me personally. It also seems cr biggest simulcast day is Thursday with eight titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
For those interested in Nyarko-san, Jason Thompson (who writes House of a 1000 manga for ANN) has started a series of articles on crunchyroll where he talks about the various cthulhu mythos references in the show.

Those are decent articles to read for people to catch up Cthulu stuff.

But, besides the Chtulu mythos, the show does have a lot of anime references from Nyarko's exclamations to all the GA Bunko light novel covers and other little things here.

I do wonder what other references will pop up down the road.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Anyways, wait for The Stream to find out what she really thinks... I predict that it might make two columns before getting dropped.

That sounds like a challenge!
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Call her 'Mistress Dongs' one more time and I'll permaban you.

Sheesh, no sense of humor around here. pfft. I wasn't trying to be mean, just thought it rolled off the lips. Rolling Eyes
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Anyways, wait for The Stream to find out what she really thinks... I predict that it might make two columns before getting dropped.

A lot of us look forward to the Stream, Bamboo! It is one of the finest columns on the site!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Given the sure number of titles being simulcasted this season, I imagine the quality a show needs to avoid being cut might be a bit higher than before. Crunchyroll alone has 15 new titles that aren't sequels/spin-offs by my count, and some of those sequels/spin-offs are of titles you're seemingly familiar with and so will probably be covered as well. Plus I know you're going to continue Hunter x Hunter, Bodacious Space Pirates, and Fate Zero from last season, unless they suddenly suffer a drastic quality drop..

Actually... how the heck are you going to handle The Stream with so many new titles this season?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 53 of 69