• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh Manga Creator Kazuki Takahashi Passes Away at 60

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:56 am Reply with quote
Takahashi literally told Eric Stuart that his version of Kaiba was his favorite for everyone trying to claim the 4Kids dub was some insult towards his legacy. And you can go watch all the subbed version on Crunchyroll.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Takahashi literally told Eric Stuart that his version of Kaiba was his favorite for everyone trying to claim the 4Kids dub was some insult towards his legacy. And you can go watch all the subbed version on Crunchyroll.
From a critical perspective, the English casting didn't have to be subject to Takahashi's personal approval in order for it to be official. However, if Takahashi liked Stuart's portrayal as Kaiba, then all the power to him and Eric Stuart fans.
chudmaru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Takahashi literally told Eric Stuart that his version of Kaiba was his favorite for everyone trying to claim the 4Kids dub was some insult towards his legacy.

According to Stuart. On a post that was meant to respect Takahashi but he made about himself instead. Not the most trustworthy or reliable source.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:24 pm Reply with quote
chudmaru wrote:
According to Stuart. On a post that was meant to respect Takahashi but he made about himself instead. Not the most trustworthy or reliable source.

Crazy how he shared a standout memory of Takahashi on a post meant to respect Takahashi, yeah.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
chudmaru wrote:

You can insinuate that he's lying but Stuart recalling his one meeting with the guy isn't making it about himself. Tetsuya Iwanaga and Megumi Ogata had a similar stories about Takahashi complimenting them.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:49 pm Reply with quote
chudmaru wrote:

I trust Eric Stuart over some rando using Takahashi's death to gatekeep and be rude towards others expressing their grief in their own ways. And you're the one making Takahashi's death about your personal grudge against a 20 year old dub instead of about him.
JackInMegaMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:36 pm Reply with quote
unfortunate, a rip current pulled him out maybe? A previous report said that area is dangerous. It's sad, I wanted another story from him. RIP Kazuki Takahashi.
SynthesisZane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:04 am Reply with quote
Jeez thats a brutal way to die. RIP
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:06 pm Reply with quote
RIP. Thank you so much for making this franchise that spawns so many things I love from it.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

You could list the details instead of getting folks to go to some sketchy pro-military site. He allegedly was trying to save some folks caught in a riptide. I'd really like at least one other source for this besides the one article everyone is sharing all over the place. Confused

Still a tragic death regardless, but why are we hearing these details now(not reading the article since the site wants me to turn off my adblock)?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6