• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Updates Haruhi Suzumiya Site

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote
Kenichi Bokushi wrote:
15,498 eights.

I see what you did there.

Hah, nice catch. Razz

As a moderate completionist, and a moderate fan of S2, I'll of course be buying this. Thanks for biting the bullet Bandai, and godspeed.
Manwards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
Great news! I'm perfectly happy with the episodes as I have them now, but I'll gladly support the industry by buying them on DVD. It'll probably be a boxed set, which is a much better model for releasing anime, and I'm one of those bothersome loons that really enjoyed "Endless Eight" anyway.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
I'll buy it too. It was the way the series was visualized.

I'll be happier if the ONAs were released and we get a BD release.
melonbread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
I'm bored of Bandai's games...

The Japanese side just mess them around and ruin their stunts anyway, I'm not going to be following all the source code and crap this time, last year was painful enough and hardly anything has actually come to fruition of it...

Just license a show and release it Bandai...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
Well I for one can't wait to buy season 2 on DVD when Bandai releases it. It's the one reason I haven't bought a copy of season 1 yet. Because $5 says there going to release a in-order boxset with both seasons for one price.
pparker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
a Blu-ray complete collection will also be released containing all twenty eight dubbed episodes. The complete collection would contain all the extras, including a subtitled version of The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan for around one hundred and twenty dollars.

Make it so. This is their one hope of profiting on the series, IMHO. They could first release the new eps subbed and probably not lose money. But a BD release of this caliber would end up on any Haruhi fan's shelf eventually.

With that, and then a BD dubbed release of the movie, all would be forgiven and forgotten.
ClocktowerKyon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Cool, can't wait for a dub, if that's what is planned. Unlike the others, I actually loved E8 (I love teh artsy stuff)
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I love artsy stuff, but E8 is one of the last things I would attach the label of art too since it's pretty much just an attention grabbing gimmick and not even a very good on at that. Bandai/Kadokawa are probably going to have to rely on some serious marketing gimmicks (no problem for Kadokawa since that's about all they do) and the hope that there are still enough diehard fanboys left out there in order to make any sort of stateside release of this series work. Unlike Japan popular name brand doesn't automatically mean instant success even if the quality isn't there.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Like I have said in the past on many threads and on the main Haruhi topic.

Stright up gag dubbing of Endless Eight would sell, nothing better then Crispen Freemen joking around in Kyon's voice. (Come on you all know it would be funny)

Hell yeah, that would be awesome actually, if somebody at the studio had enough of a sense of humor and the skill to rewrite the episode scripts successfully.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
Like I have said in the past on many threads and on the main Haruhi topic.

Stright up gag dubbing of Endless Eight would sell, nothing better then Crispen Freemen joking around in Kyon's voice. (Come on you all know it would be funny)

Hell yeah, that would be awesome actually, if somebody at the studio had enough of a sense of humor and the skill to rewrite the episode scripts successfully.

Someone call in Steven Foster. Eric Johnson would be a good one too for his script changes in Desert Punk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

I actually hate that excuse. Everything, good or bad, is how it was visualized. Just because the creators decided they'd visualize it done this way, doesn't make that way good, or any more acceptable. A good director can visualize a film and still have it come out bad. A good company can visualize a season of a popular season and still have it come out poorly. Just because the track record up until this point has been good, doesn't mean fans of that previous work need to take on apologists stance when a quality drop is encountered.

If you like it then so be it, but the "it's how they visualized it" argument is really pretty full of holes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
I wanna get this.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

I actually hate that excuse. Everything, good or bad, is how it was visualized. Just because the creators decided they'd visualize it done this way, doesn't make that way good, or any more acceptable. A good director can visualize a film and still have it come out bad. A good company can visualize a season of a popular season and still have it come out poorly. Just because the track record up until this point has been good, doesn't mean fans of that previous work need to take on apologists stance when a quality drop is encountered.

If you like it then so be it, but the "it's how they visualized it" argument is really pretty full of holes.

Lots of good and bad movies are done. The label of "good" or "bad" is up to the viewer. Either way the titles are released how the production team viualised it. I buy "uncut, unedited" anime and extended version theatricals. All you guys suggesting slicing out a part of E8 are suggesting the release of a "cut" version.

So warts and all, I want season 2 in the order it was meant to be seen uncut.

I'm not apologizing for anything. I'm stating my buying preference.

And since Bandai does nice BDs... *hint, hint, hint*
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
*blinks at hikaru004* I'm reading through threads rather fast this evening (need to go get some food) but I just realized something. One thing that Bandai might do with a US release of S2 of Haruhni that would include a dub would be re-release all of the show (both seasons) and put it out on Blu Ray, san Japanese Track Confused . On one hand, yeah I'd probably buy that. On the other hand, that would really annoy the Sub fans and I wouldn't blame them one bit. I'm not very happy about the backwards trend of Bandai Blu Rays and audio tracks, though I do understand the market reasons for it :sigh:
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
This better be about them dubbing Season 2 Smile.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6