• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's a sign that the industry is fairly healthy ... they don't need to discount as deeply as they once did to get rid of stock.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
In spite of my reservations about the Holiday Sale changes, just snagged my first sale from it with the first two box sets to Kimi ni Todoke. As I've ditched the series two times, third time will hopefully be the charm for me to plow through it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I planned on buying the two Chobits omnibuses eventually, so I decided to use the Righstuf sale as a pretext to pick them up, along with Wolf's Rain, which has been recommended to me on more than one occasion.

I also snagged the Ouran Host Club pencil board for a dollar, which (probably not so coincidentally) is currently #1 in the Righstuf Gift Guide "2017 Top Selling Merchandise" category.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I guess it's a sign that the industry is fairly healthy ... they don't need to discount as deeply as they once did to get rid of stock.

Or sick and they can't afford to discount any further. Mad
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
At last I obtained a copy of A Silent Voice from a high-street retailer.
As if fate were to mock me for waiting so long, the security tag that clasps the breadth of the the disc had not been removed! It required wire cutters, plenty of angry snipping, and a small medical plaster for me to amend this problem, but the disc's case is now rather worse for wear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Bought from TRSI:
Land of the Lustrous Vols. 1-3 Bundle (currently listed as "out of stock, expecting more")
Hunter x Hunter Volume 2 Blu-Ray ($15? I'll take that! Cheaper than I've seen it at FYE, since the last time I went to look at it they had it priced over MSRP for both new and pre-owned!)

Also pre-ordered:
Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge Blu-Ray/DVD (anxious to see this!)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Or sick and they can't afford to discount any further. Mad

Or that the physical retail market is now mostly supported by people willing to pay whatever to get titles these days so there's no point in going low as possible when you'll sell just as many by going just slightly low. The sales of yesteryear, ones of liquidated company stock and overproduced middling titles, seem to be gone... except for the Sentai Select titles which were being sold for around 80% off. Azumanga Daioh for ten dollars is a real steal, pity that's the only Select selection that's worth selecting.

I buy most of my anime these days from DDD at around 40% of MSRP for Sentai and Diskotek, 50% for Funimation and apart from titles I already have... those Girl Und Panzer and K-On bundles would have been great if I didn't already own them... the only sales that look interesting are Funimation Megadeals that can break the 50% wall but that's complicated by the notion of later rereleases like "complete, SAVE or Anime Classic" that should be cheaper.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Assassination Classroom - Season 2, Part 2 -- Blu-ray
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Despair Arc - The Complete Series - Combo Pack -- Blu-ray,
Doctor Who - The Return of Doctor Mysterio
Family Man, The -- Blu-ray
Great Wall
Kiddy Girl And Complete Collection
Kurokami - Vol. 1 -- Blu-ray
Sam Pop Vinyl Pop Television
The Mummy (2017) -- Blu-ray
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets -- Blu-ray
WWE - NXT: From Secret to Sensation - 3 Disc Set
Your Name. - Combo Pack -- Blu-ray
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I'd say that I missed those Geneon $100-for-25-items deals, but they were pretty much a death knell so I feel rather bad about them in retrospect. Sad
Sorceresspol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Natsume's Book of Friends Bundle(S1-4) for 78.99 at Rightstuf. I was so hoping that this would go on sale when I actually have money and lucked out.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail Season 4
Fairy Tail Season 5
Fairy Tail Season 6
Fairy Tail Season 7

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower Limited Edition (Import)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
For the second week of Rightstuf's Holiday Sale, snagged the following...

Prison School
Murder Princess
.hack/ Roots
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:16 am Reply with quote
I’m currently waiting for To Love Ru volumes 1-2 and To Love Ru Darkness volume 1 to be delivered. This will be the very first manga I have ever bought and owned, so looking forward to having and reading it in my own hands for the first time. Very Happy
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 am Reply with quote
Arrived a few days ago my order from Best Buy with the new Gkids releases and a few Ghibli related t-shirts. Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa are double dips, one to replace the Disney dubtitles and the other for the new transfer which based on screenshots I've seen seem to show improved quality. Didn't have Howl on BD.

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Very cool, One-Eye. I already own virtually all the the Ghibli films on Blu-ray, so I feel like I can't take advantage of the Gkids re-releases, but I'd love to. Maybe if I come into a whack of money in the future... Love those T-shirts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1309 of 1401